MLB Playoffs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

JML

Puritan Board Junior
What are your predictions on the playoffs?

I am thinking St. Louis winning it over Detroit in the World Series. Being a Braves fan I would like to see them win it all but I don't think they have the pitching for it. However, out of anybody, it would be nice if the Pirates would take it.

Heart: Pittsburgh Pirates over Tampa Rays in 7

Head: Detroit Tigers over Atlanta Braves in 6

WC Playoff NL: Pirates over Reds

WC Playoff AL: Tampa over Cleveland

NLDS 1: Atlanta over LAD

NLDS 2: STL over Pittsburgh

ALDS 1: Detroit over Oakland

ALDS 2: Boston over Tampa

NLCS: Braves over Cardinals

ALCS: Detroit over Boston

Did the Dolphins make it to the playoffs? Oh never mind you are talking of that "sport".
Football is the mans game.

Earl- why the shot at baseball?

It takes more skill to be played well than any sport, at least out of the ones we play in this country. Just because players aren't bashing into eachother every play doesn't mean it isn't a great sport!

As for predictions.........wow. As a Pirates fan I am having a difficult time picking this objectively. Partly because I really want them to do well, and partly because baseball is one of the more difficult sports to predict.

AL: I'm having a heck of a time picking against the Tigers. They are loaded from top to bottom both on the mound and at the plate.

NL: Having a hard time picking against LA for the same reason.

World Series: Tigers over Dodgers in 6

Earl- why the shot at baseball?

It takes more skill to be played well than any sport, at least out of the ones we play in this country. Just because players aren't bashing into eachother every play doesn't mean it isn't a great sport!

Because I can't hit a curve ball. :p This is indeed a sport that takes a lot of skill and is best on a cool evening with a beer in one hand and a dog in the other.

WC Playoff NL: Pittsburgh over Cincinnati

WC Playoff AL: Cleveland over Tampa

NLDS 1: Atlanta over LAD

NLDS 2: STL over Pittsburgh

ALDS 1: Detroit over Oakland

ALDS 2: Boston over Cleveland

NLCS: Atlanta over STL

ALCS: Boston over Detroit

WS: Boston over Atlanta

Admittedly, I haven't watched as much baseball this year. I barely watched a game of the Mariners. I'm guessing more than anything else. I would like to see the Pirates/Reds or Cleveland go far. It'd be nice to have someone else besides STL or Boston win a WS.

I saw my first Pirates game in 1960 when I was 8 years old....I know exactly where I was when Mazeroski hit the game winning home run in game seven. We have been in the wilderness for many years (although not quite 40 yet). Let's go Bucs !

I saw my first Pirates game in 1960 when I was 8 years old....I know exactly where I was when Mazeroski hit the game winning home run in game seven. We have been in the wilderness for many years (although not quite 40 yet). Let's go Bucs !

I think the Pirates can bring hope to teams like the Mariners. I really hope they do well.

I'm a Cards fan so I predict the Cards over the A's, that was my heart. I really think the Dodgers pitching staff will be hard to beat and the Tigers lineup is loaded. But even though I love the Cardinals, I would love to see the Pirates go all the way if the Cards cannot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back