Minor Prophets Commentary -McComiskey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason F.

Puritan Board Freshman
I have been searching for a commentary on the minor prophets and came across the 3 volume set edited by Thomas McComiskey. Anyone familiar with this set? Is it worth the money or should I look elsewhere?

This looks like the one: https://www.logos.com/product/43167/the-minor-prophets-an-exegetical-and-expository-commentary
The authors listed (on the webpage) are generally regarded by the conservative theological community as fairly reliable, if scattered widely across the spectrum of generally conservative scholarship.

If offered the book, I would not turn it down. I'd likely prefer to seek out and purchase a Reformed or Presbyterian treatment of a particular prophetic book.

McComiskey is one of the five or six essential commentaries on the Minor Prophets. It is a fairly technical commentary, so if you don't know Hebrew, you will get less out of it (though it does have separate expository sections that are more useful to those who don't have Hebrew). I wouldn't think of preaching of teaching on the MP without this commentary.

Yes!!! Get it!! I consider him essential for Minor Prophets work. Personally I’ve used it numerous times. Very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back