Michael Horton Talk at Phoenix United Reformed Church

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask Mr. Religion

Flatly Unflappable
Horton to speak at Phoenix church this month:

What:
An Evening with Michael Horton presented by White Horse Inn
When: Friday, February 23, 2018 at 7:00 pm (doors open at 6:00 pm)
Where: Phoenix United Reformed Church
2002 East Missouri Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85016

The event is free but you do need a ticket!

About:
Discipleship in a Selfie Age

We live in a time when religious affiliation is on the wane, and autonomy is on the rise. People increasingly believe that they are not accountable to anyone. They begin to see themselves as the measure of all things. In such a world, there are no ultimate standards of truth, goodness or beauty, but only subjective preferences which is why many have come to believe in our day "we are what we feel."

Join us as Mike Horton challenges us to ask ourselves whether we too have bought into many of the beliefs and assumptions of our contemporary culture, with its stress on consumer preference and individual autonomy. This message of hope reorients our hearts and encourages us to raise our eyes to heaven (from our Facebook and Instagram accounts).

If you are in the vicinity and plan to attend, register for the event to get a ticket (free) here:
https://www.whitehorseinn.org/phoenix/

Well I was thinking of how nifty it would be to chat up both fellows in the same evening. I still plan on attending, Lord willing.

For a minute I thought maybe Dr. White had become a paedobaptist and changed church affiliations ;) . Regardless, maybe those who go can visit both churches while in town and see Dr. Horton and Dr. White. That would be some weekend.
And if it's possible I highly recommend joining a worship service with the
Rev. Phil Grotenhuis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back