Michael Bushell (Songs of Zion author)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwink

Puritan Board Sophomore
I've heard conflicting stories about Michael Bushell (author of the book "Songs of Zion" which argues for the doctrine of exclusive psalmody) that I was wondering if somebody on PB could clear up. I heard from one RP pastor that Mr Bushell is no longer an EP'er, but I've heard from another RP pastor that he is still an EP'er (on the basis that Mr Bushell's book is supposedly going to come out with another revision).

Obviously, what Mr Bushell currently believes doesn't validate/invalidate the arguments in the book about exclusive psalmody, but if he is no longer an EP'er, I'd want to give that clarification to anyone whenever recommending they read his book on the subject of EP.

Last I heard which was earlier last year, Mike is still working on his book revision advocating EP. On what basis did the one pastor say Mike is no longer EP?

Last I heard which was earlier last year, Mike is still working on his book revision advocating EP. On what basis did the one pastor say Mike is no longer EP?

I guess my one pastor friend must've just misheard someone talking about Mr Bushell -- he told me Mr Bushell was no longer an EP'er as if it was simply a fact, so I just believed what he said until I heard someone say the opposite. So that's why I was hoping to find some way to clear up these stories/rumors. :confused: That helps hearing you confirm that he's still in the process of working on his next book revision, so he would still be EP'er of course.

I would clear this up with your friend then so that misinformation is not spread, unless he does have some basis for saying this. Stranger things have happened.

I guess my one pastor friend must've just misheard someone talking about Mr Bushell -- he told me Mr Bushell was no longer an EP'er as if it was simply a fact, so I just believed what he said until I heard someone say the opposite. So that's why I was hoping to find some way to clear up these stories/rumors. :confused: That helps hearing you confirm that he's still in the process of working on his next book revision, so he would still be EP'er of course.

I communicated with Mr. Bushell by email in December of 2010 and he stated that he was working on self-publishing the new edition of The Songs of Zion in March of 2011. I haven't heard anything to indicate a change in his beliefs.

No news in a while. I have checked Amazon, etc., there is no listing.

I don't know the details behind the new edition of the book, but apparently there were some difficulties with getting it published. Perhaps there are still some details to work out on the publishing side of things.

Maybe someone here knows more about the delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back