Member rankings update, new titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
As some may know, the PB has member rankings as you reach a certain post count. The old rankings as you see below, stop at 6,000 posts (who would have thought the Puritanboard would have lasted this long to need more rankings than that!). The mods and admins have kicked around ideas (some serious, some just a little bit rude, but think of all the terms for "talks too much"), and the idea I think that best serves is to take the titles from the officers and members of the Westminster Assembly as follows. Before implementing I thought I'd get member feedback:
Puritanboard Freshman 0 Posts
Puritanboard Sophmore 500 Posts
Puritanboard Junior 1000 Posts
Puritanboard Senior 2000 Posts
Puritanboard Graduate 3000 Posts
Puritanboard Postgraduate 4000 Posts
Puritanboard Professor 5000 Posts
Puritanboard Doctor 6000 Posts
Puritanboard Commissioner 10,000 Posts
Puritanboard Amanuensis 15,000 Posts
Puritanboard Clerk 20,000 Posts
Puritanboard Assessor 25,000 Posts
Puritanboard Prolocutor 30,000 Posts
You have to know you history of the Westminster Assembly, but Commissioner was the term for the Scottish attendees (sounds better than just assemblymen or confusing folks with 'divine'), the lowest office was John Wallis who served as amanuensis for the clerks to help drafting documents, then the clerks who took the minutes, the assessors who ranked below the Prolocutor (moderator) and stood in when needed.

Just looked at the membership statistics and noticed that no one is close to 30,000 posts yet. Both you and Rich are still a good bit off achieving that rank.
I don't see either Rich or I getting there. It will have to be another posting prodigy to come along (it took me just last month or so to pass the record set ten years ago by VirginiaHuguenot when he left).

I don't see either Rich or I getting there. It will have to be another posting prodigy to come along (it took me just last month or so to pass the record set ten years ago by VirginiaHuguenot when he left).
Would that we have another like VirginiaHuguenot come along!

As a mere junior after over a decade, I like the new titles!

Ha! At the rate I'm going, it'll take me another 10 years to reach PuritanBoard Senior status. That's probably a good thing for such as myself.

For: "Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise:
And he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding."
Proverbs 17:28.

I probably should heed that admonishment even more than I do, when it comes to my posts on the PuritanBoard.

So then, my personal goal becomes clear: Reach the level of commissioner, which sounds important. Then curtail my posts so as not to reach the level of amanuensis, which sounds like a disease.

Just looked at the membership statistics and noticed that no one is close to 30,000 posts yet.

I don't see either Rich or I getting there. It will have to be another posting prodigy to come along

Well...with these new titles and rankings I'm betting David (@Dachaser) will be re-energized and will whip out his Gatling gun of one-sentence posts and hit 30,000 by John Calvin's birthday. Lol. Just being playful is all.

I've enjoyed my time here on PB and wish everyone a blessed new year!

I don't believe I'll ever make it out of my Freshman status. I'd have my doctorate in real life before having it on here. Although it would be worth less than a PB PhD. ;)

Given my lack of eloquence, insight, or profundity, I sometimes feel embarrassed by the post count I already have!

Or perhaps we could simply expand on the doctor theme and add specialities. Maybe something like this:

Puritanboard Chiropractor
Puritanboard Podiatrist
Puritanboard Dentist
Puritanboard Proctologist
Puritanboard Urologist
Puritanboard Plastic Surgeon

Or perhaps we could simply expand on the doctor theme and add specialities. Maybe something like this:

Puritanboard Chiropractor
Puritanboard Podiatrist
Puritanboard Dentist
Puritanboard Proctologist
Puritanboard Urologist
Puritanboard Plastic Surgeon
I think we'd all agree to stop posting by the end of our Dentistry ranking.

Question: Does the current system give credit to giving 'likes' to other posts? That's what got me off to a running start on the old system.

Question: Does the current system give credit to giving 'likes' to other posts? That's what got me off to a running start on the old system.
Xenforo tallys likes given, likes received, and the variants (praying, edifying, etc.), and post counts, all separately. So the Messages count is your post count on threads.

I'm nearly at Commissioner. I feel that maybe I talk too much? :think: I'd like to be an Amanuensis since they apparently are artistic, so I guess I'll have to keep blabbing on....sorry guys!

In light of the torrent of AARP, etc. invitations I've received since turning 50 four years ago, I feel my 'Senior' status is apropos (though, by all other accounts save my increased need for reading glasses, premature!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back