Megadeth frontman a christian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scot

Puritan Board Sophomore
MEGADETH mainman explains refusal to share stage with 'full-on satanic' bands

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has posted the following message in the "Forums" section of the band's official web site:

"It has come to my attention that there was a show in Greece where an allegedly 'full-on' Satanic band [ROTTING Christ] was going to be playing, as well as one in Israel too . No one knows for sure what their intent or content is, so I am not going to say they are.

"Yes, I said that I was not really interested in playing with Satanic [bands], and that is because I changed my outlook on life and my spritual beliefs over three years ago. I became a Christian, yes, and I have made even more mistakes now that I have, because there are things I do that I know I should not do, and things I do not do that I know I should.

"Plus I have helpful people like the guy in this thread who is quick to point out my failings, and volunteering as my self-appointed judge to remind me of everything that I am doing wrong.

"Yes, I did say I would prefer not to play on concerts with Satanic bands. That doesn't mean I won't, it doesn't mean I would not talk with the bands either, (sometimes it is just for fun anyway with these bands). But to make a life-altering change and then not have some kind of affect would not have been a change at all, would it? It's not much different from staying away from booze if you have made a decision to be sober.

"The concerts that I headline or I put together is usually my choice who I want to play with; festivals are different. If I don't feel it is right for me to do something, then like I said in this post here I would just respectfully decline. I would not ask that anyone be taken off if they were already confirmed.

"I have to draw the line and stand for my beliefs or they aren't beliefs at all, are they? I don't expect anyone to fully understand this, but I know many of you do, and I thank you for your support.

"To the Droogie that is set on insulting me about my beliefs, I understand. It is easy for a person with no beliefs to mock someone who does. I don't know if you do (I hope so), but it appears not. Because if you did, you would say, 'Well, those are Dave's beliefs, they are not like mine, but if mine are to be respected, than so should his.'

"I doubt you will think things through like this before you come on here and attack me for my beliefs again, but here's to hoping. And ya might want to check the guidelines of this site too; we are pretty friendly here, but personal attacks don't sit well here.

"And if not, I imagine someone will prolly buy your ticket and I will dedicate a song to your abscence at the concert

"The moral to the story is this . . . I don't like certain bands and that will never change that in me."

So has he changed his music to line up with his profession? I remember in the 80's we used to like Megadeath. But now, I can't even stomache the SO CALLED Christian "rock"... it's the same music and there's something about it that grieves my spirit!

Originally posted by Loriann
So has he changed his music to line up with his profession?

What exactly do you mean? Are you saying that a christian can't enjoy that style of music? Or do you mean the content of his lyrics? You may have just :worms: :D

I know that there are some of us here that listen to metal and even play/write that style of music (myself included).

Originally posted by jenson75
whether Dave Mustaine is truly converted or not remains to be seen. I hope he is...

I hope so too.

Originally posted by Scot
Originally posted by Loriann
So has he changed his music to line up with his profession?

What exactly do you mean? Are you saying that a christian can't enjoy that style of music? Or do you mean the content of his lyrics? You may have just :worms: :D

I know that there are some of us here that listen to metal and even play/write that style of music (myself included).

Originally posted by jenson75
whether Dave Mustaine is truly converted or not remains to be seen. I hope he is...

I hope so too.

Scot, I probably did, as I often do! LOL... if you read the rest of my post I do believe that style of music has an evil undertone, even without lyrics! here, I've opened it further! :worms:

Now with new hope some will be proud.
This is no hoax, no one pushed out.
Receive a reprieve and be a pioneer.
Break new ground of a new frontier.
New ideas will surely get by.
No deed, or dividend. Some may ask "œWhy?"
You´ll find the solution, the answers in the sky.

Foreclosure of a dream,
Those visions never seen,
Until all is lost,
Personal Holocaust.
Foreclosure of a dream.

I still listen to Metallica every so once in a while. I love the S&M album. It is a live album done by Michael Kamen conducting the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra. Symphony and Metal just Rocks my boat. When are we going to hear Hatfield has converted?

Remember B. J. Thomas?

P. S. Skynyrd is still one of my faves also.

I mostly listen to Hymns Triumphant volumes 1 & 2 or classical stuff.

[Edited on 5-20-2005 by puritancovenanter]

If you like Metallica, you should listen to a group called "Apocalyptica"

They reperform some of Metallica's songs using 4 celli as their instrumentation.

It sounds awesome

So, for those that think metal music is evil, would the songs be o.k. if they where played by a symphony rather than with distorted guitars?

Originally posted by Authorised
If you like Metallica, you should listen to a group called "Apocalyptica"

They reperform some of Metallica's songs using 4 celli as their instrumentation.

It sounds awesome

I heard a cd once that did that with a bunch of Iron Maiden songs, It sounded cool.

Originally posted by Paul manata
No Blade, it's "Anti Christ/Devils Child

Hey guys, I thought it was "After Christ/Devil Comes" :lol:

What about Kids In Satan's Service? or is it Knights In Satan's Service? Do you still listen to them?

I've heard Alice Cooper talk about being a christian. He's professed to be one for some years now. My pastor said that Alice Cooper and R.C. Sproul have played golf together. That would be a sight to see.

[Edited on 5-21-2005 by Scot]

The Alice Cooper/Sproul friendship seems to be real.

quoted here

Doug Van Pelt: Speaking of celebrities -- is it true that you have a friendship with R.C. Sproul?
Alice Cooper: Oh yeah. RC is one of my heroes. When I first became a Christian, I went to a few of the retreats, and I just love to hear him talk. I loved his books. His books were really good, because they were written so that I could understand them, and they were practical. I understand practical Christianity. I love to read things that I can apply to my life. From ROCK STARS ON GOD (Relevant Books)

There is a larger story found here

Sproul is also quoted
here

That the Spirit blows where He wills not only means that strange things, like the conversion of Alice Cooper happen, but it means that the Spirit has blown where it will.

[Edited on 5-21-2005 by Authorised]

Originally posted by Scot
Originally posted by Paul manata
No Blade, it's "Anti Christ/Devils Child

Hey guys, I thought it was "After Christ/Devil Comes" :lol:

What about Kids In Satan's Service? or is it Knights In Satan's Service? Do you still listen to them?

I've heard Alice Cooper talk about being a christian. He's professed to be one for some years now. My pastor said that Alice Cooper and R.C. Sproul have played golf together. That would be a sight to see.

[Edited on 5-21-2005 by Scot]

Alice Coopers last two albums are great. Especially Dragontown.

Steve Brown defended Alice's conversion on his radio show years ago.

Actuially Paul its not anti-Christ/devil child its alternating current/ direct current see link your post connates a false interpretation used by fundementalists and satanists.

Blade

I believe the Alternating Current / Direct Current more. If you ever saw Bon Scott dressed in his early days with the Band you would think he was AC/DC.

Blade

Here in the UK, if you said of someone 'he's AC/DC', you'd be saying he was bisexual, and most people would understand what you meant.

JH

I believe the Alternating Current / Direct Current more. If you ever saw Bon Scott dressed in his early days with the Band you would think he was AC/DC.

:lol: I know what you mean. I have an old concert video of them performing with Bon. He was definately a strange one.

It said on the site that ac/dc has bisexual connotations I never knew that? How do people get that from ac/dc?

blade

Can't really get too explicit on here, so it's hard to explain. Just think AC/DC = "both ways"

We'd better leave it at that.

I've never heard of a particular chord progression that could define music as "christian". You can have good songs and bad songs, and music that you either like or dislike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back