McMahon's New Workbook on Reformed Theology Now Available: The Reformed Apprentice

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
[video=vimeo;70253661]https://vimeo.com/70253661[/video]

I highly recommend the printed version of this work for ease of use. The LINK HERE will allow you to get a printed copy (and there are discounts on bulk copies for Sunday School and Bible studies).

If you use the electronic version you need to be proficient in using your Kindle, Nook, Android tablet, etc. in order to keep notes as you interact with the information. Writing in the physical workbook for those users who are not as proficient with electronic devices will make the experience easier.

There is nothing like this interactive workbook anywhere in the Reformed community. It is a unique workbook designed to bring Reformed Theology to students of the bible in its various facets. In old England, an apprentice is a novice who engaged in a covenant with a tradesman to learn a particular trade. A workbook of this kind was created to engage the student of scripture to be apprenticed under the teachers of Reformed Theology, thus, a Reformed Apprentice.

The Reformed Apprentice: A Workbook on Reformed Theology – by C. Matthew McMahon

The purpose of the workbook is to come into a deeper knowledge and relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ as he has revealed himself to the church in his Word and by his Spirit through the centuries in Reformed Theology. The workbook covers logic, hermeneutics, theology, creeds and confessions, covenant theology, worship, the sovereignty of God, the solas of the reformation, the doctrines of grace, church government, and much, much more. It extensively quotes the early church fathers, the Reformers, the Puritans, and Reformed theologians from various ages in order to aid the Reformed Apprentice in coming to a knowledge of what truly constitutes Reformed Theology and the Reformed Faith.

This workbook is not to be completed in a short time-frame, nor is it governed by a specific amount of time. The Reformed Apprentice has as much time to complete each section at their own pace as they need in order to walk more closely with Jesus Christ.

See the splash pages at www.reformedapprentice.com or www.reformedworkbook.com.

Get the Printed Workbook here:
The Reformed Apprentice: A Workbook on Reformed Theology by C. Matthew McMahon (Paperback)

ePub Package at the Puritan Shop
The Reformed Apprentice: A Workbook on Reformed Theology - by C. Matthew McMahon | The Puritan Shop

Kindle Version
Amazon.com: The Reformed Apprentice: A Workbook on Reformed Theology eBook: C. Matthew McMahon: Kindle Store

Nook Version
The Reformed Apprentice: A Workbook on Reformed Theology by C. Matthew McMahon| Barnes & Noble

TheReformedApprenticeCOVERPS.jpg

Just downloaded my purchase. The content looks well thought out and the formatting is very easy on the eyes, Matthew. I think you may have a hit on your hands here as the workbook could be used in a variety of settings.

Matthew,

You may want to correct this part of the reformedapprentice.com: The new Reformed Apprentice Workbook is NOT available in both print and eBook. I'm assuming the not should be now.

Just downloaded my purchase. The content looks well thought out and the formatting is very easy on the eyes, Matthew. I think you may have a hit on your hands here as the workbook could be used in a variety of settings.

I'm hoping.

I'm working on a few venues that this could be used in, including planning out a video series on it over the next year or so. (Video takes a huge amount of work to do it right.)

I hope it serves to be a blessing.

I tested it with 6 people over the last 4 months. Their response were overwhelmingly positive.

So I hope this work extends as far and wide as it can for Christ's glory.

From those I tested the workbook with in the last few months, here are some comments...

"Rich, powerful and exceedingly helpful. I'll tell you, I can't believe my eyes." Gale in Tennessee

"I can’t believe that someone didn't come up with this earlier! This will be a tremendous help to Christ’s church." Craig in Pompano Beach

"I can’t believe that I’m holding this in my hand. Why didn't someone in the church write a book like this before?" Alex in Boca Raton

An 83 year old Christian in TN said, "I don't understand every detail, but I can tell you that what I have to come to understand is exceedingly helpful." (She attends an Arminian church.)

I'll definitely buy the electric version. This looks pretty promising, and I like the fact that this "apprenticeship" is not just your own innovation.

Last edited:
I'll definitely buy the electric version. This looks pretty promising, and I like the fact that this "apprenticeship" is not just your own innovation.

Yes, I don't like copy catting so to speak.

But the apprentice idea is a precise way of saying a "disciple" of sorts, but it goes a bit further. The commonwealth of England was so enamored with having a solid society that they made laws that governed the covenanting of the master tradesman and the apprentice.

This looks very good. One suggestion: Please update the Kindle version to include real page numbers. This will aid tremendously in following along with others who are using the print version.

I've found that the Kindle has a problem with page numbers and footers. The Active table is fine to go to specific chapters, or even sections. But generally, page numbers are deleted out of eBooks because Kindle and Nook request that when creating the work.

My PDFs that I create with the Active table have page numbers. So what you are asking for is available if you use the PDF. The printed book and the PDF are exactly the same, with the exception that the PDF is electronic.
This is the case for every book the Puritan Shop will have.

Just ordered the print version. Luddite that I am!

I also prefer reading printed books. The Puritans also read printed books (not electronic ones) so we are in very good company :lol:

I go back and forth depending on mood.

I have to admit (which I would not have 10 years ago) that there is something awesome about being able to pick up my phone and open up a title to point something out to someone. And the way the cloud works now, having all my books in my upload area for Google book (personalized) and have all my own titles uploaded in there makes backup and loss nice too.

Then again, when I do a study at home with my wife I might have my bible on my phone and the physical book in front of me. So, I'm open to both.

But the new books smell nice.

I like to loan good books to folks who might enjoy them. I can't figure out an easy way to do that with electronic books.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back