Marriage Scenario Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never could find that article you are rating. Judging from some of the names on the site I am suspicious about it. Could someone give me a more specific link so that I can read it?
Thanks!

If Bahsen is right, then the giggilo who has slept with 50 women should marry them all and committ polygamy - some that was not inteded since the creation of the world for - "from the beginning it was not so." Harems come back into vogue, then...

If the giggilo is "giggilizing" with 5 women, all who dump him, say five months later, then he is also "married" to all 5 of them as a result of the "common law" idea.

If they do not all want to be married to the same man, then he has a problem with being in a constant state of adultry with the one woman he decides to marry in another year, etc.

Bahsen's ideas here are going to take him into pracitcal situations that he will never be able to resolve. I have old unsaved friends who slept around with hundreds of women. If Bahnsen is right, then the practical obligations are impossible, and the state and political obligations would caue him to reject the laws of the state. Sticky wickets if you ask me...

Thanks for the link.
[quote:b92d0fcbc8]When Jesus spoke to the loose woman at the Samaritan well, He indicated[1] that because she "had" five men previously, she has "had five husbands" (John 4:18).[2] One recalls Paul's line of thinking: "he who is joined to a harlot is one body, for He said 'The two shall become one flesh'" (I Corinthians 6:16). [/quote:b92d0fcbc8]
Bahnson has twisted the Scripture about the Samaritan woman to say that she had five partners previously, so therefore that really means they are "husbands". [quote:b92d0fcbc8]John 4: v.16 Jesus said to her, "Go, call your husband, and come here." 17 The woman answered him, "I have no husband." Jesus said to her, "You are right in saying, 'I have no husband'; 18 for you have had five husbands, and the one you now have is not your husband. What you have said is true." [/quote:b92d0fcbc8]He was not just talking about a partner with the previous five. Then Bahnson says that becoming physically one flesh=marriage, but if this is so, the sixth man would have to also be her "husband". Jesus plainly says he is NOT. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Wow - My taxes

Are my taxes going to go up or altered because of all of the teens, adults now being married to each other but not really, b/c it was just sex.?

If only divorce lawyers would read this string. They would see dollar signs flashing in front of their eyes.

Of course, the above is not scriptural. I am just shocked as the originator of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back