MacArthur, Calvinism, and (Dispensational) Premillennialism: Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Covenant Joel

Puritan Board Sophomore
Having many dispensational friends, having spent time in a dispensational church, and having friends who deeply appreciate MacArthur in many ways as I do, I decided to write a response to MacArthur's series of messages entitled, "Why every self-respecting Calvinist should be a Premillennialist." I have just posted Part 1, and plan to write 3 more posts responding to his messages. I hope that I haven't assumed an arrogant attitude in responding to such a godly and (in so many areas) helpful preacher. But being surrounded by dispensationalism, I've finally decided to go ahead and spend some time writing about it. I hope that it will be of some service to others as they think through his claims (and the claims of others like him). If not, at least I will have had some practice writing.

Check out Part 1 at this link: MacArthur, Calvinism, and (Dispensational) Premillennialism: Part 1

I am a premillenialist but not dispensational. I would say that MacArthur's eschatology is inconsistent with Calvinism. I think that Amillenialism, postmillenialism, and classical premillenialism all fit with an overall reformed perspective. But the dispensational pre-trib stuff just seems out of step with reformed thinking in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back