• Macintosh!!!!!!!

Votes: 51 50.0%
  • PC........

Votes: 51 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't read all the posts on this thread....but I have to tell you....I've used PC's for about 15 years of my life and this past year I did a lot of research on computers......and I finally got a MACBOOK!!!!!!!!! And PC does not compare to a Macbook in any way!!!! :D

*Mac battery life is amazing (I could go hours without having to plug it in)
*Its more energy efficient than any other laptop on the market! (trust me I researched this)
*Start up and shut down time is roughly 4 to 6 seconds. My brand new Dell Inspirion took literally 75 seconds to 2 minutes to start up.
*The software is much more intuitive, and FAR MORE responsive than any windows-based computer I've ever used!
*Mac's use up less space for the operating system, where as Windows takes up more space.
*You can run more applications on a Mac with less memory than you would on any Windows based product.
*Also, running several applications at once on a Mac is at lightening speed compared to Windows! I can download several sermons on audio within 5 seconds! (tell me what computer can do that?)
*Also, Mac's can run both operating systems side by side on the same machine. AND, Mac's actually run Windows better than most Window's based products! (seriously!)
*No Virus Protection necessary. (yes because we live in a windows-based world, and there are few viruses created for Macs, but also because of the complexity of the OS itself. The way it is designed makes it more difficult to create viruses. With Windows that is not the case.)
*No problems using Facebook (seriously when I'm on someone else's computer...I always have issues chatting over Facebook, not the case with Mac!)
*iphoto, idvd, imovie...are all amazing to use! I've never had similar experiences with any windows software!
*Quality of the laptop is superior! Not only is it asthetically pleasing, but built to be durable as well.
*Mac's come with a magnetic power cord, to prevent tripping over your cord or having your laptop fly across the room!

Honestly, once you've experienced a Mac...you would understand what all the rave is about! Its a far superior product In my humble opinion!!!! :2cents:
Some good words! Very True!:judge:

I bought Megan (my wife) a MacBook, she has ALWAYS used PC. After just TWO days she said it is the BEST most computer she has EVER worked on!:):):)

I like my mini-mac!!!!!

The mini is nice! I am currently using a 2009 MacBook Pro,.......FAST! Nice looking machine as well aluminum body glass screen with a black frame around it! That is another PC issue I have.....they are SO UGLY!:lol: You heard me PC people. Your PC is so ugly you throw a sheet over that puppy when guests come!:lol:

Folks; I'm sure this kind of thing can wait till after the Lord's day; may have to reconsider if this forum needs adding to the shut down list.

? For Mac owners, our Macs are nor ONLY GREAT computers but they lokk like high-end modern artwork, which BEGS the question, why are PCs so ugly?????? If a chimp could slap a computer together you would find a thing looking MUCH like the average PC.:rofl::rofl::rofl: They are not elegant.

? For Mac owners, our Macs are nor ONLY GREAT computers but they lokk like high-end modern artwork, which BEGS the question, why are PCs so ugly?????? If a chimp could slap a computer together you would find a thing looking MUCH like the average PC.:rofl::rofl::rofl: They are not elegant.

Not only that, but we have classy skins. Mine is Old Glory.

Oh I know..I am just kidding too! I am sure Macs are awesome but I am too invested in PC but even if I weren't I am not enough of a computer geek to pay for perfection. ;) My computer does what I need it to do. If there is a glitch, I fix it and move on. If I can't fix it I throw a little fit and then move on. :D So far with my new build using Vista x64 only one glitch using a USB hub. It hung up my system. It is annoying to think such a small things could impact the whole. I am sure there is a fix for it. I'll get to it eventually.

Beth: semi-computer geek

OSX on my mac-mini is just great.

Curiosity had me load windows 7 on my old laptop, it works but it's still peeeeeceeeee.

I have WordSearch8 and SwordSearcher running on my mac, so I really have no need to fire up the peeeeeceeeeee anymore. :lol:

I use a PC because, in seminary, I had to have Logos. Now I know that Logos for Mac is out now but there is no PBB reader yet and, being in seminary, I can't afford a Mac. Btw, my batter on my HP lasts 4 hours easily. I did have to upgrade the battery but it can be done. I would gladly switch to a Mac if someone wants to help out a poor seminary student, til then, I voted PC

I beta tested the Logos for Mac, and yes it's not yet up to PC standards of expectation if you are running it on PC.

I made the jump to Ubuntu 9.04. It would have been interesting had this poll been constructed with a third option for Linux.

To mangle an earlier quote, if you've got a Mac, you're half-way there to Linux, you're just still paying too much!

Dell currently sells Ubuntu laptops for $50 less than a comparable unit loaded w/Windows. Plus most software is freeware, and I've been pleasantly surprised with what I've tried thus far. I only have two programs that I will need to run under Wine.

-----Added 6/13/2009 at 10:48:16 EST-----

May you all have a very blessed Lord's Day.

Mac. All the way. I wish they'd let me get a Mac at work. I keep waiting for my wife's dinosaur Compaq to die so that I can get her a Mac. It just won't quit. My budget thanks me for that longevity, however. ;)

My PC "finally" died, so Martin bought me e Mac. I love it:D

This poll was a bit unfair. It alienated the non-Windows/DOS/OS/2 users that are usually considered PC users and the Macintosh OS users considered Mac users. My OS can run on what's usually considered Mac or PC. Nonetheless, I am running it now on a former Windows machine so I voted PC. =D

I know that this is an old thread but I have a question....

Has ANYONE gotten Logos Bible Software to run on ANY FLAVOR of Linux???

arggg!! It's the only thing tethering me to Windows!!

I will not give up my Logos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back