Luther's commentary on the sentences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

py3ak

Unshaven and anonymous
Staff member
Does anyone here have access to a copy of Luther's commentary on the Sentences? It would be very helpful for a project I am currently working on if I could see what he said about Book I, Distinction 17, especially Articles 1 &2, about the Holy Spirit being the love with which we love God and one another.

Thanks, Daniel! The work in question was Luther's marginal notes in his copy of Lombard's Sententiarum Libri iv that he made in connection with becoming a Sententiarius. They are imperfectly transcribed in D. Martin Luthers Werke, 9: pp 28-94 (the Weimar edition). Clearly the section I want should be pretty small. If I can't have that, I'll have to try to track down:
Philip Rosemann, The Story of a Great Medieval Book
Paul Vignaux, Luther, commentateur des sentences
Josef Wieneke, Luther und Petrus Lombardus

Admittedly at that point I may decide that antiquarianism is for eccentric and wealthy English gentlemen.

Bumping to see if anyone has access to v.9 of the Weimar edition of Luther's Werke. If not, I can possibly make do with the discussion on pp.180-183 of Philip Rosemann's The Story of a Great Medieval Book (the preview naturally stops at p.180). If anyone is able to help out it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Here it is

The 8th sub-line in the left side menu will take you right to his annotations on Lombard's Sentences. You can even cut and paste it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back