Lunar Eclipse--tonite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. It's cloudy here. It is interesting that this is the first lunar eclipse to occur on the winter solstice since 1638.

I'll watch it on TV.

:D

Supposed to be cloudy here too. Plus way too late for me.

I'm hoping to get up and take some long exposure pictures. But, I'm whipped and may sleep through my alarm. I hope not. Off to bed I go. . . (Wasn't that Azariah's Chaldean name?)

Joshua;

What time Central Standard Time?

Not sure, I think Texas is two hours behind Florida..so I'd say about 11:32 your time..

Just walked outside to look at the moon, the sky is clear, the air is cold..and the moon is directly over head..and I should be able to stay up at least to see it start..not sure I'll be able to stay up to watch the total eclipse though..(may have to set the alarm and get up to see it)

According to the NASA Website..

NASA - A Busy Day on the Celestial Calendar: A Total Lunar Eclipse and the Winter Solstice Coincide on December 21

It will be the last chance for sky watchers in the continental U.S. to see a total lunar eclipse until April 15, 2014.

I wanted to show it to my grandson, but we have a snowstorm. Ain't gonna happen. BTW, he was very interested in doing it.

I bet the Druids would have a field day, if there were many around, a lunar eclipse on winter solstice...there's gotta be all kinds of omens there!

It looks dusky and obscure (a few hours ago it was foggy-brite)

Not too wowed by it. I was hoping for more of that red-tint, or something.

So incredibly overcast that there is no opportunity to see it at all.

Why am I up this late!??!

It was clearly seen over here...apparently. It was meant to be at its best at around 7.40am just as I was leaving for work. Alas with trying to defrost the van I forgot to look up and missed it. I did hear others talk about it though.

Disappointingly, I didn't hear about it until this morning... I was up til almost midnight driving anyhow, I would've stayed up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back