Louisiana Presbytery Report on FV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by fredtgreco
Originally posted by poimen
Originally posted by AdamM
How would that work out (consistently)? Unless I am mistaken, he was assistant pastor of the AAPC which has, along with the Louisiana Presbytery, exonerated Wilkins. If Wilkins was freed from accusation by them, why didn't they do the same with Lusk? (I say this because I believe that both of their positions are radical and open to serious censure).

Perhaps Fred can correct this, but it is my understanding that a presbytery in the PCA is under no obligation to accept the transfer of a teaching elder from another presbytery. I think one of consequences (perhaps unintended) of the recent subscription changes to the BCO is that each presbytery has been given more latitude to determine what constitutes the boundaries of the system of Reformed doctrine that teaching elders must stay within. So you have a situation like Lusk's where he ministers with no problem in Louisiana and then tries to transfer to Evangel and they won't allow it. It is a real recipe for a Balkanized denomination.

So the situation was, if I understand you correctly, that Lusk received a call from another congregation in another Presbytery (which would not accept him) so the congregation simply left for the CRE?

[Edited on 9-8-2005 by poimen]

Yes. Given the choice beween commitment to the denomination (Church) and a heterdox minister, the congregation chose the latter.

Well it would seem that this church already had some problems if it decided to call him so maybe it was for the best that they left (at least profitable for the PCA to have one less FV-leaning church/pastor).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back