Looking to Visit Church: Geneva

Status
Not open for further replies.

UserGone221

Puritan Board Freshman
My family and I will be in Geneva in August and we are looking for a church to worship in.
Recommendations?

I want to avoid having my heart broken.
Thank you,

Peter Hyatt

I'm assuming you mean the one in Switzerland, not Georgia.

There appears to be a Reformed, English speaking congregation in Lausanne, about 45 minutes away by train. Do you need English speaking? What will your transport options be?

http://lausanne-english-church.com/

Then go in with low expectations and you might be pleasantly surprised. If you are TR, you certainly going to have a harder time of it than if you are more broadly reformed. So some cues might help. And as has been asked above, language limitations?

Some links here for you to explore that I found on an old PB thread. http://www.reformiert-online.net/weltweit/131_eng.php (along with the warning that it includes liberals and baptists - and note the link to the WCC on that page, definitely a bad sign).

And I'll ask someone who knows about the German side of Switzerland if they are in Sunday School on Sunday. They may not be able to help with the Francophone areas. And I do remember a small evangelical church in Evian about 5 decades ago, so you might want to look on the south side of the lake, as well.

Speaking of German, I did find this small denomination represented in Basel and near Zurich.

Last edited:
Thank you for response.
Yes, English speaking preferred.

I do have low expectations and am thankful for even the seeds of Reformation among brothers.

To walk into a beautiful edifice with historic ties to the Reformation, to worship Christ with my wife and children only to be met by rank defiance of Christ would be heart breaking...in person. I read enough nonsense daily but to experience it, face to face, with my family, takes it to a new level.

Late in following up, but I was unable to get to church last Sunday, so I couldn't ask the folks in my Sunday School class until today.

There are several English speaking churches in Geneva; it doesn't sound like any of them would meet your standards for Reformed. They ended up visiting one they described as 'somewhat charismatic' because it was closest to where they were staying, and none of the others appeared to be worth making any further effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back