Looking for Solo Psalter Recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristopherPaul

Puritan Board Senior
Does anyone here know of a Psalter recording(s) with minimal voices, preferably only one or two?

The Psalter recordings I have from Crown and Covenant are choirs with all the harmonies and ranges and voice types which is beautiful; however, I find it more difficult to make out the lyrics when I am listening without a Psalter in hand (in many cases, while driving).

Also it would be nice if it included the entire Psalm selection, as recorded in whatever Psalter it is based upon, without chopping it up. The C&C recordings skip verses as in singing through verses 1 and 2 then skipping 3 and 4 and finishing with verse 5 or something to that effect. I suppose they did this to save on recording time (?).

Any suggestions?

Thank you Andrew, do you know what Psalter this guy sings form? I saw the YouTube clip was from the Scottish Psalter, but the samples from the CD did not follow anything that I have (Scottish and RPCNA).

If you are referring to the "Songs of Deliverance" cd, I believe he sings from Bible directly (rather than a Psalter), using different versions (I think that Psalm 51, for example, is sung from the NIV).

I have his "Psalms in Harmony" (Vol. 2) cd, which is from the 1650 Scottish Metrical Psalter.

Thank you Andrew, do you know what Psalter this guy sings form? I saw the YouTube clip was from the Scottish Psalter, but the samples from the CD did not follow anything that I have (Scottish and RPCNA).

If you are referring to the "Songs of Deliverance" cd, I believe he sings from Bible directly (rather than a Psalter), using different versions (I think that Psalm 51, for example, is sung from the NIV).

I have his "Psalms in Harmony" (Vol. 2) cd, which is from the 1650 Scottish Metrical Psalter.

Great, that is more what I am looking for - verbatim from the Psalter as was done on the YouTube clip you posted. Very helpful, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back