Looking for More Biblical Historical Sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Other Name

Puritan Board Sophomore
Good morning all,

When doing an in-depth study of Scripture, I always study context by consulting key terms in International Standard Bible Encyclopedia and I like to contextualize it by consulting geography in my Moody Bible Atlas.

I love the Bible history of events in Scripture (ie how Sennacherib came to rule and his conquests prior to losing to the angel of the LORD in Hezekiah's reign). Does anyone know of any better texts for the history around the Biblical events than the ones I use already?

Thank you in advance. I thank God for this board.

Seems like you are on the right track. An atlas is a great (and underappreciated tool). I'm currently enjoying the ESV Archaeology Study Bible.

Seems like you are on the right track. An atlas is a great (and underappreciated tool). I'm currently enjoying the ESV Archaeology Study Bible.

I thought about that a couple of times. I wondered how the entire Bible could benefit by illumination from archaeology in large sections of the Bible that need no archaeology to note very much on the original text. I was kind of hoping out for a price reduction or a release of the archaeological notes separately.

But I will look at that again. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back