Logos 4 Indexing crashes after Calvin 500 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
If any of you purchased the Calvin 500 pre-pub, you may have experienced what I, and many others, experienced. It's noted here: problems indexing after Calvin 500 install - Logos Bible Software Forums

As many know, when Logos 4 downloads new resources it updates the index file for searching. After Calvin 500 downloaded, the indexing would always fail a few mins into the update.

The solution to the problem is to close Logos 4 and delete the index directory. Launching Logos 4 after doing this will cause Logos to rebuild the index from scratch and it works fine after that.

In other words, Calvin is so brilliant and stretches the mind to such a degree that computers crash when they attempt to grasp him. :lol:

Well, more so that, once you have Calvin in the system, it's better to go back to the beginning as he challenges everything you once had in memory.

Rich,

Yes, I ran into the same problem for the same reason and was walked through the fix by a level two tech at Logos. They got me up and running the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back