List of Pro-FV Churches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the RPCNA does not seem to be affected by this heresy. I would add to the list the following: Calvary OPC in Schenectady, New York, Covenant PCA in Sulphur, Louisiana, and John Knox PCA in Ruston, Louisiana.

John Knox is not FV. That is where I attend. Now, true, they didn't attack and criticize "the wrong guys" with enough vigor and rage, so they are labeled "soft on FV." But no, they are not FV.

This is my concern with a project like this. A list is made up and published, with an implied encouragement to contact the appropriate officials to lay charges. However the "list" is only as good as the information provided. As we all just saw it is not that good.

By all means, confront or debate those in you OWN church/presbytry but to go outside is not a good idea. To my way of thinking you are disturbing the peace and purity of the church, even if you have the proper motives & the correct target, if you are getting involved in someone elses problem.:2cents:

So are you saying that because I am in MVP that I shouldn't say that Mark Horne or Jeff Meyers are FV when clearly they are because they are in a different presbytery (Missouri Presbytery)?

John Knox is not FV. That is where I attend. Now, true, they didn't attack and criticize "the wrong guys" with enough vigor and rage, so they are labeled "soft on FV." But no, they are not FV.

This is my concern with a project like this. A list is made up and published, with an implied encouragement to contact the appropriate officials to lay charges. However the "list" is only as good as the information provided. As we all just saw it is not that good.

By all means, confront or debate those in you OWN church/presbytry but to go outside is not a good idea. To my way of thinking you are disturbing the peace and purity of the church, even if you have the proper motives & the correct target, if you are getting involved in someone elses problem.:2cents:

So are you saying that because I am in MVP that I shouldn't say that Mark Horne or Jeff Meyers are FV when clearly they are because they are in a different presbytery (Missouri Presbytery)?

Horne is a different matter since he is published in The Federal Vision. But as I demonstrated, someone said John Knox PCA is FV. I said it was not. I figured my information was better than theirs because I...well...I go to that church. I have listened to the pastor say that "Christ has accomplished everything for you," and other Reformation-esque statements. Of course, he could "tricking" me with a FV bait-and-switch, but I doubt it.

This list sounds like a Mafia-hit list. Aside from several obvious churches, much of the information is hearsay and suspect and in order to maintain a degree of credibility, this thread probably should be closed down. If you have any questions about the orthodoxy of such and such church, just email that pastor.

This list sounds like a Mafia-hit list. Aside from several obvious churches, much of the information is hearsay and suspect and in order to maintain a degree of credibility, this thread probably should be closed down. If you have any questions about the orthodoxy of such and such church, just email that pastor.

Concur. :judge:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back