Linfield vs Glentoran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I might go along. Wife's talking about the sales so given the choice between football and shops, it's a no brainer.

This is one of the few games that I would support the team in green, for Ben's benefit that would be Glentoran

Son, father-in-law and myself just got tickets for the lower tier of the north stand. Don't know what part of the ground you'll be in Daniel but I'll pm you and see if we could meet up.

Son, father-in-law and myself just got tickets for the lower tier of the north stand. Don't know what part of the ground you'll be in Daniel but I'll pm you and see if we could meet up.

I was sitting in the upper tier of the North Stand; if I had logged in before heading out I would have seen your message and we could have met up. Oh well.

The result was the same as last year: Linfield 2 Glentoran 1

I was sitting in the upper tier of the North Stand; if I had logged in before heading out I would have seen your message and we could have met up. Oh well.

The result was the same as last year: Linfield 2 Glentoran 1

It wasn't the best of games but at least there were some goals to see. Are you heading to Tynecastle next week? Our son is still in Edinburgh and a couple of months ago I asked him to try and get tickets for the derby to which he replied he had a wedding to go that day. What sort of a clown gets married on the day Hearts play Hibs?

It wasn't the best of games but at least there were some goals to see.

The second half was a marked improvement on the cagey first half; only an ex-Hibs player like Ivan Sproule would be silly enough to get himself sent off for removing his shirt after scoring. :rolleyes: Still, I was glad the blues held on to win.

Are you heading to Tynecastle next week?

I tried to get a ticket, but the remaining home tickets sold out within minutes of going on sale through the e-tickets facility. When they were doing badly, I had no problem getting a home ticket for the derby. Now that they are doing well, I have to content myself with seeing them play Falkirk et al. All being well, however, I hope to get to at least one home match in the new year.

What sort of a clown gets married on the day Hearts play Hibs?

He probably supports Rangers or Celtic; obviously, such a person does not have a life. ;)

Living in Lisburn I would favour Distillery but they have been out of sorts these last few years. I quite enjoy the Linfield/Glentoran game as its good to go to a game with a big crowd and a bit of atmosphere although with half of Windsor Park knocked down it looked as if they were playing in the Ormeau Park. The first half was awful despite the two goals. The second half speeded up a bit but both teams seemed to be so disjointed. Sproule's sending off makes me wonder how stupid players can be. If I was his manager I would be so angry with him. Getting sent off for an overzealous tackle is one thing, getting sent off needlessly for stupidity is something else.

although with half of Windsor Park knocked down it looked as if they were playing in the Ormeau Park

:lol: It has been somewhat surreal to have half the ground demolished; it should be good when it is finished, however.

Sproule's sending off makes me wonder how stupid players can be. If I was his manager I would be so angry with him. Getting sent off for an overzealous tackle is one thing, getting sent off needlessly for stupidity is something else.

My acquaintances were of the same opinion; I think he should be fined a week's wages, as both bookings were the result of pure stupidity: one for dissent towards the officials (whose minds you are normally never going to change once they make a decision), and the other 5 minutes later for taking his shirt off. That said, it was a very composed finish for the goal.

Now watching the Hibs/Rangers game. I am hoping this will be a draw but with Hibs 2-0 up and Rangers yet to have a shot on target all I can hope for is that the result doesn't give Hibs a boost before next Saturday.

Well that's over at Easter Rd. Hibs won 4-0 and despite Rangers being dire, Hibs played very well. After a stuttering start to the league Hibs have quietly been sneaking up the table and are now 3rd. Hopefully, however, a good win for Hearts over Livi later will put us 15pts clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back