Limited Time: Free Bahnsen/Stein Debate!

Discussion in 'Defending the Faith' started by BayouHuguenot, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BayouHuguenot

BayouHuguenot Puritan Board Doctor

2. VaughanRSmith

VaughanRSmith Puritan Board Sophomore

I got it for free here.

3. Barnpreacher

Barnpreacher Puritan Board Junior

I'm taking an audio ethics course by Bahnsen right now. I repent in dust and ashes for all the years I buried my head in the sand and refused to listen to men like this. What a tremendously gifted saint of God this man was. Thank God for His grace in opening our eyes in justification AND in sanctification.

4. BayouHuguenot

His Personal Holiness course was one of the most invigorating/humbling/soul stirring things I have ever listened to. He did an excellent job, all in one course, on rebutting libertarian free will philosophers, Roman Catholic theologies of merit, and setting forth a Ridderbosian view of sanctification.

5. ReformedWretch

ReformedWretch Puritan Board Doctor

downloading now!

6. ReformedWretch

ReformedWretch Puritan Board Doctor

Josh use the link Exagorazo posted, when you see the links, right click and save them.

7. Barnpreacher

Barnpreacher Puritan Board Junior

J,

Where did you get that course?

8. Calvibaptist

Calvibaptist Dallas Cowboys' #1 Fan

The Covenant site keeps asking me for credit card information! It says there is no charge, but wants me to put in my info.

9. BayouHuguenot

See here

While all of them are good and foundational, some are more hard hitting than others. I would suggest the following:
    Lectures 3-19.

I downloaded one or two every ten days. That made both cost and time manageable. This was arguably the best audio material I have ever listened to. I originally began it to be this great ethical apologist. I ended humiliated and in the dust.

10. BayouHuguenot

They won't charge you. Been there. Done that. You will be fine.

11. Calvibaptist

I put in credit card information and got an error 3 times. I guess they don't want me to have it either.

12. BayouHuguenot

I can email--in good conscience--the debate to you. All you need is yousendit.com (which is free).

13. Calvibaptist

I've got an account. What info do you need from me? I'll pm you what you need.

14. BayouHuguenot

Ok, I am sending the debate to a few people via yousendit. However, due to computer-interent connections, it won't get sent until tomorrow morning or later tonight. Maybe later tonight.(sorry, insert frowny face)

anybody else want me to send them the debate? If so, PM me your email address.

15. Greg

Greg Puritan Board Sophomore

Just PM'd you, Bradford. Thanks.

16. BayouHuguenot

greg, i sent you part one.

17. Greg

Greg Puritan Board Sophomore

I just downloaded both parts. Thanks Bradford! :handshake:

18. BayouHuguenot

Josh and Traci (Augusta),
    Check your email in about five minutes.

19. Augusta

Augusta Puritan Board Doctor

Got them. Thanks a lot Jacob for that. It's a really great debate. Bahnsen is sharp!

20. BayouHuguenot

I held onto this debate for dear life in colllege. My faith was constantly under attack. I then began to study, not just Bahnsen's arguments in the debate, but Bahnsen's debate moves themselves. Bahnsen taught me/teaching me how to set up an argument and find weak spots.

I also think this debate is funny at a number of moments.

21. VaughanRSmith

VaughanRSmith Puritan Board Sophomore

The laws of logic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.