Library for a small Church

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilgrim3970

Puritan Board Freshman
Brethren,

Of late, I have had the desire to start a small library for the small mission I serve in. :book2:

Would be interested in recommendations (say ten or so books) of essential books from diverse areas such family, the Christian life, theology, doctrine, etc. Books geared toward to those new to the reformed faith or having yet to be exposed would be good as well.

Look forward to reading your thoughts.

I'm not as widely read as I would like to be, but Thomas Watson's "A Godly Man's Picture" is a fantastic book for an exposition of the Christian life.

Its also a small book, so it'd fit nicely in the small library in the small church. :p

I have actually been considering some of the Puritan Paperback series from Banner - the one you mentioned is a real gem - thanks!

Brethren,

Of late, I have had the desire to start a small library for the small mission I serve in. :book2:

Would be interested in recommendations (say ten or so books) of essential books from diverse areas such family, the Christian life, theology, doctrine, etc. Books geared toward to those new to the reformed faith or having yet to be exposed would be good as well.

Look forward to reading your thoughts.

I am quite partial to the following books:

1. Chosen by God by Sproul

2. Scripture Alone by Sproul

J. C. Ryle's works on the Gospels would be something I would include.

Gerstner's work on the cults, and on dispensationalism are works I would consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back