Letting search engines know you exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eoghan

Puritan Board Senior
We bought our domain name at the last meeting and by the time we got to coffee it was live. Sadly it is not "listed" with google and the first complaint I heard was "I can't find it". :eaving aside the problem of teaching members to type an address directly rather than simply "Google it", is there an easy way to submit the domain name?

I have tried repeatedly for over an hour last night but every link seems to be incredibly complicated and wants you to optimise pages etc... before submitting. I have neither the time nor the patience to spend endless hours on a steep learning curve simply to submit our domain name.

Will check back later this morning hoping for a one click submission rather than an online course in webpage optimisation

Use Google Search Console and follow their instructions to verify the name. It may take a couple months or more to start ranking for your domain name (maybe sooner if it is fairly unique) and 6-9 months for any content to even begin ranking for non competitive terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back