Letis on Inerrancy, and Warfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading some of the offsite Letis quotes He mentions that The Traditional Text & the Traditional Reformed views of Scripture Infallibility & Preservation, were discarded for a new
Alexandrian Text base (chiefly consisting of Vaticanus & Sinaiticus) & a new theological Theory called The Inerrancy of the Autographa or Originals, which Letis refers to as “Warfeldianism”

also would like to post these Links to a video series called The Text is the Issue from Penascola Christian College featuring Theodore Letis

The Word of God kept or Lost?The Text is the Issue The Word of God Kept or Lost by Dr J Michael Bates - YouTube
Critical Questions on the Translation Debate The Text is the Issue Critical Questions on the Translation Debate Dr Dell Johnson and Dr Theodore Letis - YouTube
The Text is the Issue Part 2 The Text is the Issue Why I Changed My Position on the Text Dr Dell Johnson and Dr Theodore Letis - YouTube
The Text is the Issue A Response to James White s The King James Only Controversy Dr Theodore Letis The Text is the Issue A Response to James White s The King James Only Controversy Dr Theodore Letis - YouTube

and also this from E.F Hills as it touches upon Warfield...http://www.febc.edu.sg/VPP12.htm

The historic views of the Church concerning Preservation http://www.puritanboard.com/attachments/f63/3681d1383823563-KJV-vs-NKJV-historic-views-church-concerning-preservation-Paul-f.doc.att

Last edited:
I had watched through the videos but frankly thought them to be something of an embarrassment and not very helpful unless you are KJVO in the strong sense of the term. Surprisingly, Letis did not correct any of the fallacies presented in some of the statements by the other speaker. Though Letis is not KJVO (and has criticized them in the past), it really seems like these other folks are. Letis seems to mainly have been brought in to do some James White descrediting.

There is a letter response from BJU I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back