Learning Genevan Tunes Resources?

Discussion in 'Worship' started by ADKing, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ADKing

ADKing Puritan Board Junior

I recently obtained the Psalter in Spanish. It is designed to be sung with the Geneva tunes. Being a Scottish Presbyterian, there are only a small number of these I know (100, 124, 129, 134 and a few others). So...where do I begin? Are there good CDs? Suggestions?

2. Dearly Bought

Dearly Bought Puritan Board Junior

3. ADKing

Brilliant! This will be helpful. Thanks, brother.

4. ADKing

5. N. Eshelman

N. Eshelman Puritan Board Senior

The back of the current edition of the 1912 United Presbyterian Psalter has a section with Genevan Tunes. The Dutch used them for a long time and are sometimes called "Dutch tunes" since they added the harmony to the melody. The Protestant Reformed Church has a psalm singing choir that puts out CDs and a number of these tunes are on the CDs. I am sure a quick google search will get them for you. Of course, they also have either a piano or an organ or both... I am thinking piano, but I cannot remember off the top of my head.

BTW, one of my deacons, Joel Chairez, was instrumental in getting that Spanish psalter back in circulation. RPMissions also helped due to a large pre-purchase.

N

6. N. Eshelman

N. Eshelman Puritan Board Senior

The back of the current edition of the 1912 United Presbyterian Psalter has a section with Genevan Tunes. The Dutch used them for a long time and are sometimes called "Dutch tunes" since they added the harmony to the melody. The Protestant Reformed Church has a psalm singing choir that puts out CDs and a number of these tunes are on the CDs. I am sure a quick google search will get them for you. Of course, they also have either a piano or an organ or both... I am thinking piano, but I cannot remember off the top of my head.

BTW, one of my deacons, Joel Chairez, was instrumental in getting that Spanish psalter back in circulation. RPMissions also helped due to a large pre-purchase.

N

7. markkoller

markkoller Puritan Board Freshman

8. markkoller

markkoller Puritan Board Freshman

Looks like its the same audio as posted above, though on a different website. Oh, well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.