Leading Worship and Conscience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another option would be to appeal to our session with the hope the will accommodate us "weaker brothers" according to conscience? If unsuccessful one could to the Presbytery and then I guess the General Assembly if the Presbytery refuses to do what ought to be done.

Councils err, and Presbyterianism has processes for redress, so why not exhaust all means, and may God bless it! But I would not appeal on the basis of being a "weaker brother." If one holds to psalmody he should do it on the basis that it is a New Testament ordinance, and the ordinances ipso facto bind the consciences of all believers. To claim to be a weaker brother is to maintain it is a matter of indifference which requires accommodation; and as it is already treated as a matter of indifference, the appeal accomplishes nothing.

Another option would be to appeal to our session with the hope the will accommodate us "weaker brothers" according to conscience? If unsuccessful one could to the Presbytery and then I guess the General Assembly if the Presbytery refuses to do what ought to be done.

Councils err, and Presbyterianism has processes for redress, so why not exhaust all means, and may God bless it! But I would not appeal on the basis of being a "weaker brother." If one holds to psalmody he should do it on the basis that it is a New Testament ordinance, and the ordinances ipso facto bind the consciences of all believers. To claim to be a weaker brother is to maintain it is a matter of indifference which requires accommodation; and as it is already treated as a matter of indifference, the appeal accomplishes nothing.

I agree and used the quotation marks to insinuate what the average non EP person thinks of us, and if this is so they ought to at least treat this as a matter of a weaker brother and not sing hymns around the "weaker brother". :)

I agree I erred in stating one should use this as a defense of EP. Though as a matter of conscience I believe this bad argument could show the weakness of the average non-EP person that thinks this is a matter of indifference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back