Large London Annotations??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTB.SDG

Puritan Board Junior
Francis Roberts refers quite a bit to something he sometimes calls the London Annotations; sometimes he refers to it with the longer name of The Large London Annotations upon the Whole Bible. It is pretty incredible stuff from what he quotes from it; and extensive.

But I can't find it anywhere on google. Anyone ever heard of this or know where to find it???

Patrick,

This is AMAZING. I had no idea that Francis Roberts, whom I love, had also written a commentary on the entire Bible. Wow.

It is not the same thing I was looking for, though. The writing he cites has extensive quotes on Jeremiah 31:33 and 31:34, which are not recorded in the work you linked; he goes more by chapters.

But again, THANK YOU.

Could he be referring to the Westminster Annotations?

That was my first thought, as well.

Spurgeon wrote that the Annotations were "…the production of a still more venerable assembly; but if, with my hat off, bowing profoundly to those august conclaves of master minds, I may venture to say so, I would observe that they furnish another instance that committees seldom equal the labors of individuals. The notes are too short and fragmentary to be of any great value. The volumes are a heavy investment." He went on to say that they "contain valuable remarks, but are somewhat out of date...[though] the work is probably less esteemed than it should be."

I own them in digital format, and have found them, on the whole, to be helpful.

YES--It is the Westminster Annotations. Have to confess I didn't have these or really know a lot about them. Thank you!!!

Wow, disagree with Spurgeon for sure, at least if the comments on Jeremiah 31:31 and 34 are any representation of the whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back