Lane Keister to write Federal Vision Book

Should Lane Keister write a book against the FV?

• Yes

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
I once left a comment on the Green Bagginses blog that its owner - Rev. Lane Keister - should turn his posts on the Federal Vision into a book.

Lane said it would take too much time, but I think his interaction with the FVers, and his extensive knowledge of the subject, makes him an ideal candidate.

So let's pressurize him into writing. :violin:

Thanks much for your vote of confidence, Daniel. I will by no means discourage anyone from voting in this poll. ;) However, I do feel it incumbent on me to hint that a certain Ph.D. thesis is in the making on this subject, being written by someone we both know (I think). Actually, I'm sure you know him, I'm just not sure that I know him.

Thanks much for your vote of confidence, Daniel. I will by no means discourage anyone from voting in this poll. ;) However, I do feel it incumbent on me to hint that a certain Ph.D. thesis is in the making on this subject, being written by someone we both know (I think). Actually, I'm sure you know him, I'm just not sure that I know him.

Maybe this guy could get the Clef's Notes version of your book to assist him. :lol:

Who is it? :eek::think:

This is needed. Someone needs to write a book on it. I know some people in the PCA who are wondering what FV is and what's wrong with it. They are looking for books to give replies to pro-FV-ers, but there aren't any that I know of.

Most of the books that come out these days are things said by theologians 100 years ago who said it better. This would certainly not be one of those cases. This is needed.

Who is it? :eek::think:

Hmm...it turns out that its a PB member. ;)

I would say if it takes too much time maybe some one with editing and writing skills could organize it for him. Review it with him so he can continue to post on the FV while having someone on the side organizing it into book format.

This is needed. Someone needs to write a book on it. I know some people in the PCA who are wondering what FV is and what's wrong with it. They are looking for books to give replies to pro-FV-ers, but there aren't any that I know of.

Most of the books that come out these days are things said by theologians 100 years ago who said it better. This would certainly not be one of those cases. This is needed.

You might want to get Guy Waters book on the FV as well as NPP. Both are very good. Plus the book from Knox Theological Seminary on Auburn Avenue Theology: Pros and Cons. It is made up of papers submitted by both sides. With the Waters book and the Knox book, you'll cover virtually all the issues on FV.

You might want to get Guy Waters book on the FV as well as NPP. Both are very good. Plus the book from Knox Theological Seminary on Auburn Avenue Theology: Pros and Cons. It is made up of papers submitted by both sides. With the Waters book and the Knox book, you'll cover virtually all the issues on FV.

Don't forget about John Otis' Danger in the Camp. It is good because of the focus on justification, and the fact that he does not side-step calling the views of some FVers damnable heresy.

Who voted no?

I voted no. It would be (at least) in very bad taste to write about the FV while acting in his current role.

There are already several books (Waters, Otis, Knox Seminary).

The process itself is already the subject of several procedural criticisms. Some criticisms have merit (in my opinion). If Rev Keister were to write a book (presuming that he was critical) then he would further distract from the more serious issues.

:2cents:

Who voted no?

I voted no. It would be (at least) in very bad taste to write about the FV while acting in his current role.

There are already several books (Waters, Otis, Knox Seminary).

The process itself is already the subject of several procedural criticisms. Some criticisms have merit (in my opinion). If Rev Keister were to write a book (presuming that he was critical) then he would further distract from the more serious issues.

:2cents:

If I may add my two cents to this. I do not intend to write about the FV while I am an assistant prosecutor.

The books currently on offer do not say everything that could be said, as those writers will themselves allow.

The third reason is answered by my answer to the first. Hope this helps.

I believe that when God is ready for Him to put forth such a book He will direct that path..
so it is something we can certainly be praying towards..

I also believe there are many other men who post on this forum who could begin organizing notes and editing it for that time. (again something we can all be praying towards).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back