Koiné Greek

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad to hear of your current infatuation with Koine Greek. May it turn into a lifelong love of serious academic study of God's Word.

I'll second Mounce. I wish it had been around when I was in college. We used Machen. Some classes also used Davis. They worked, and I thank God for them. But, Mounce is easier to see the 'scope' of the language.

:agree: I took a year of Greek 5yrs ago and our class used Mounce's grammar/workbook. Mounce, keeps it as simple as possible. I still use that old grammar text book for reference!! Mounce has truly been a blessing to the Church. Check this out it is!!

MP3 Files for gnt (by Anonymous) | Christian Classics Ethereal Library

I understand that this is one of the two free Greek audio recordings on the internet. It read by a woman named Marilyn Phemister. Unfortunately, the pronunciation is not that fluid in my opinion, as she has a heavy American accent as she reads the Greek.

The other free audio is Greek/Latin New Testament Audio Readings. This has links to Greek, Latin, and Hebrew. The Greek here is read by a man in a wonderfully fluid manner and no apparent accent. He uses a modern Greek pronunciation convention.

Both audio files are from the Westcott-Hort text.

I'll second Mounce. I wish it had been around when I was in college. We used Machen. Some classes also used Davis. They worked, and I thank God for them. But, Mounce is easier to see the 'scope' of the language.

:agree: I took a year of Greek 5yrs ago and our class used Mounce's grammar/workbook. Mounce, keeps it as simple as possible. I still use that old grammar text book for reference!! Mounce has truly been a blessing to the Church. Check this out it is!!

MP3 Files for gnt (by Anonymous) | Christian Classics Ethereal Library

I understand that this is one of the two free Greek audio recordings on the internet. It read by a woman named Marilyn Phemister. Unfortunately, the pronunciation is not that fluid in my opinion, as she has a heavy American accent as she reads the Greek.

The other free audio is Greek/Latin New Testament Audio Readings. This has links to Greek, Latin, and Hebrew. The Greek here is read by a man in a wonderfully fluid manner and no apparent accent. He uses a modern Greek pronunciation convention.

Both audio files are from the Westcott-Hort text.

Wow! Thanks Tim! I did not know about this.....very cool... also I do know that there is a Greek Class on itunesU from Dallas Theological Seminary, where you can download all the lectures and then watch them. That class also uses the Mounce Grammar. I have watched these videos several times over and they are most excellent! :detective:

And I did not know about DTS Greek classes on iTunesU! Thanks for this!

The thing about Greek and Hebrew is to continually use it, possibly daily if you have the time. I try to read and translate in my nightly devotions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back