Koiné Greek

Discussion in 'Languages' started by Iakobos_1071, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SolaScriptura

SolaScriptura Puritan Board Doctor

I'm glad to hear of your current infatuation with Koine Greek. May it turn into a lifelong love of serious academic study of God's Word.

2. Tim

Tim Puritan Board Graduate

I understand that this is one of the two free Greek audio recordings on the internet. It read by a woman named Marilyn Phemister. Unfortunately, the pronunciation is not that fluid in my opinion, as she has a heavy American accent as she reads the Greek.

The other free audio is Greek/Latin New Testament Audio Readings. This has links to Greek, Latin, and Hebrew. The Greek here is read by a man in a wonderfully fluid manner and no apparent accent. He uses a modern Greek pronunciation convention.

Both audio files are from the Westcott-Hort text.

3. Scott Shahan

Scott Shahan Puritan Board Sophomore

Wow! Thanks Tim! I did not know about this.....very cool... also I do know that there is a Greek Class on itunesU from Dallas Theological Seminary, where you can download all the lectures and then watch them. That class also uses the Mounce Grammar. I have watched these videos several times over and they are most excellent! :detective:

4. Tim

Tim Puritan Board Graduate

And I did not know about DTS Greek classes on iTunesU! Thanks for this!

5. lukeh021471

lukeh021471 Puritan Board Freshman

The thing about Greek and Hebrew is to continually use it, possibly daily if you have the time. I try to read and translate in my nightly devotions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.