KJV v G1599

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinE

Puritan Board Freshman
A question for those that know. I was at church last week and noticed that the verse count was off when following the KJV lesson with my G1599. Can i ask if anyone has a comparison?

Also, looking at e-sword on my phone, I can’t seem to spot the G1599 or G1560. Can anyone offer any advice as to how to locate them?

Thanks in advance…

Wow. OK, downloaded the Original Geneva on E-Sword for a comparison. The page in the bible (1042) actually merges both verse 31 and 32 from the Geneva into one verse, 31, in the 1599. I'll admit I'm surprised that would have passed the editors?

Wow. OK, downloaded the Original Geneva on E-Sword for a comparison. The page in the bible (1042) actually merges both verse 31 and 32 from the Geneva into one verse, 31, in the 1599. I'll admit I'm surprised that would have passed the editors?
Wait till you hear about the “wicked bible”

It is a little surprising since the conflation of the two verses into one seems to be also present in the 1560 version. It's not so surprising that it happened, since the verses are at the end of a chapter and it would be an easy mistake to make; in the facsimile I looked at, what would be verse 32 begins a new line anyway but lacks the additional verse number and indentation. It is surprising that no one caught and corrected it in between 1560 and 1599, especially since it is in what would have been a well-read passage. None of the Biblical text is missing, just the division into two verses. I guess it reminds us once again of the difficulty of Bible translation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back