KJV Study Bible - Joel Beeke

Status
Not open for further replies.
He posted the following on Facebook earlier this week: "The Reformation Heritage KJB Study Bible is continuing to make good progress. Notes and family worship aids for 50 Bible books are now in the hands of the editors; the remainder should be completed by January. Publication is being scheduled for November of 2014."

Mathias - Beeke believes that the AV / KJV is the best English translation and should be used as the standard Bible. However, I have also read in some of his works where he has quoted from the ESV. From what I've seen, heard, and read of Beeke, I think he would argue that the underlying text of the KJV is the best.

Mathias - Beeke believes that the AV / KJV is the best English translation and should be used as the standard Bible. However, I have also read in some of his works where he has quoted from the ESV. From what I've seen, heard, and read of Beeke, I think he would argue that the underlying text of the KJV is the best.

+1

As a contributor to this study bible (2 Samuel) I can say that this project is now under the final editor's microscope. I believe the Bible is due out in late 2014. I had never written a complete commentary before, and I must say that it was a personally enriching experience. What made it particularly challenging was not the exegesis, but the personal and devotional application required at the end of the chapters. I hope it will be a blessing to the Reformed Church.

As a contributor to this study bible (2 Samuel) I can say that this project is now under the final editor's microscope. I believe the Bible is due out in late 2014. I had never written a complete commentary before, and I must say that it was a personally enriching experience. What made it particularly challenging was not the exegesis, but the personal and devotional application required at the end of the chapters. I hope it will be a blessing to the Reformed Church.

The "devotional application" aspect sounds very promising because the study Bible market is really lacking in high caliber, reformed devotional notes. I am glad to hear about another reformed study Bible that will speak to the heart as well as the intellect. Henry's is all of which I know.

I've noticed that there is a mix of theological backgrounds represented by those working on the Study Bible. Just wondering, will it be Baptist friendly, or will it present only one side of the argument?

While we hold our Baptist brethren in high esteem, if memory serves, the authors work from a paedo-baptist position. :encourage:

God bless all those who worked on this. I love my ESV Reformation Study Bible but I also love the KJV and can't wait for this to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back