Kindle edition of the Spirit of the Reformation Study Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilgrim

Puritanboard Commissioner
Today I noticed that a Kindle edition of the NIV Spirit of the Reformation Study Bible will be released on August 9. If you prefer to use another e-reader, Zondervan's page has links to other dealers from which it can be obtained. It went out of print within the past few years, so this is even more of a welcome development than it would have been ordinarily.

Even though it's in the NIV, many of us prefer this Reformed study Bible to the NKJV/ESV New Geneva/Reformation Study Bible, as it is a revision and expansion of it. That's despite the ESV version being released 2 years after the NIV Spirit of the Reformation Study Bible. Ligonier apparently didn't make any improvements to it before releasing it in the ESV.

Here's a review of the Spirit of the Reformation Study Bible that I just posted: NIV Spirit of the Reformation Study Bible – A Review « One Pilgrim’s Progress

This is a welcome development indeed. I have loved the SOTR Study bible, but prefer the ESV and NRSV versions of the scripture. The ESV study bible is good, but unfortunately it attempts to satisfy a broader audience and in doing so it supports some interpretations that have zero support in the text. While I do understand why the publishers did that, it does force me to carry around multiple study bibles. ALthough Laridian has the SOTR-SB in their pocket bible software, they do not include the charts that are found in the SOTR-SB. For example the chart about the Kingdom of God in the gospel of Matthew is excellent. And the pocket bible does not run on my Mac. Having a Kindle version will be helpful to me. Now if we could get the notes from there into an ESV or NRSV bible that would be even better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back