Kessinger Reprints

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirginiaHuguenot

Puritanboard Librarian
I've been finding a number of interesting reprints by Kessinger Publishing lately. In fact, the number of works available here is amazing (works of M'Crie, Howe, Mather, Rutherford, Miller and many others). Here are a few highlights:

William Symington, Messiah the Prince (November 2007)
John Brown of Haddington, A Short Catechism for Young Children (July 2006)
James Gibson, The Public Worship of God: Its Authority and Modes, Hymns and Hymn Books (September 2007)
William Binnie, The Church (November 2007)
Thomas Case, Correction, Instruction; Or The Rod And The Word: A Treatise On Afflictions (June 2007)
William Shaw, A History Of The English Church V2: During The Civil Wars And Under The Commonwealth 1640-1660 (June 2007)
George Gillespie, Aaron's Rod Blossoming: Or The Divine Ordinance Of Church Government Vindicated (June 2007)
Alexander Smith Paterson, A Concise System Of Theology: Being The Shorter Catechism Of The Assembly Of Divines, Analyzed And Explained (January 2007)
Samuel Willard, The Complete Body of Divinity in Two Hundred and Fifty Expository Lectures V1 (July 2003)
Samuel Willard, The Complete Body of Divinity in Two Hundred and Fifty Expository Lectures V2
Daniel Defoe, Scottish Martyrs And Covenanters: An Interesting Series Of Narrative Tracts Illustrative Of The Doctrines Which Led To The Reformation From Popery (July 2007)
Catechism On The Principles And Constitution Of The Free Church Of Scotland (November 2007)
The Free Church Pulpit V1: Consisting Of Discourses By The Most Eminent Divines Of The Free Church Of Scotland (1848) (November 2007)

I have also been enjoying some of these reprints. I notice they also did one volume of James Hamilton from his (now out of print) six volume collected works. For those of you unfamiliar with Hamilton, he was a Church of Scotland/Free Church minister in the 1800s at Regent Square Presbyterian Church in London. If that sounds familiar, you might remember that is where Edward Irving preached. Hamilton was his succcesor! Hamilton, however, from all that I have read, seems quite orthodox and his litereary skill is breathtaking. His ability to paint word pictures gives a vividness to the texts on which he preached. Worth checking out :2cents:

Last edited:
I have also been enjoying some of these reprints. I notice they also did one volume of James Hamilton from his (now out of print) six volume collected works. For those of you unfamiliar with Hamilton, he was a Church of Scotland/Free Church minister in the 1800s at Regent Square Presbyterian Church in London. If that sounds familiar, you might remember that is where Edward Irving preached. Hamilton was his succcesor! Hamilton, however, from all that I have read, seems quite orhodox and his litereary skill is breathtaking. His ability to paint word pictures gives a vividness to the texts on which he prached. Worth checking out :2cents:

:up: William Arnot's biography of James Hamilton (1814 - 1867) is available online here. He was influential both in Scottish and English Presbyterianism.

Kessinger has reprinted several of his writings, found here.

The six volumes of his works (I especially enjoyed reading his treatise on family worship in volume 2), as well as other select works are available online as well.

Works, Vol. 1
Works, Vol. 2
Works, Vol. 3
Works, Vol. 4
Works, Vol. 5
Works, Vol. 6
The Royal Preacher: Lectures on Ecclesiastes
Life of Bunyan
The Mount of Olives, and Other Lectures on Prayer
Lessons from the Great Biography
The Happy Home: Affectionately Inscribed to the Working People
A memoir of Richard Williams, surgeon : catechist to the Patagonian missionary society in Tierra del Fuego

Thomas Ridgley's Body of Divinity, Vol. 1:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1432635824]Amazon.com: A Body Of Divinity V1: Wherein The Doctrines Of The Christian Religion Are Explained And Defended: Thomas Ridgley, James P. Wilson: Books[/ame] (June 2007)

Henry Smith's Sermons, vol. 2 (June 2007):

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/143265280X]Amazon.com: The Sermons Of Mr. Henry Smith V2: Together With A Preparative To Marriage, God's Arrow Against Atheists And Certain Godly And Zealous Prayers: Henry Smith, Thomas Fuller: Books[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back