Keeping a book/reading journal?

Discussion in 'General discussions' started by Jash Comstock, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jash Comstock

Jash Comstock Puritan Board Freshman

Hey y'all! I had a question/poll. Do y'all keep a reading journal? If so, what is your format? I try to keep myself busy reading. Iusually read 4-6 books a week. Lately I have been trying to keep a record of what I read and how it impresses me.

My format is as follows, written in a hardback journal.
    Date read
    Title
    Author
    Publisher
    Year
    Genre
    Synopsis; one paragraph
    Opinion; one to three paragraphs

2. Tirian

Tirian Puritan Board Sophomore

Wow - that is far more diligent than I am! Both the reading and the journalling!

With four kids - two of whom are teenagers - I think my journal would turn more into a journal of naps :)

3. CharlieJ

CharlieJ Puritan Board Junior

4. Eoghan

Eoghan Puritan Board Junior

My notes are in the form of a folded sheet of paper which I use as a bookmark. It allows me to navigate the book once I have finished it. (I usually sellotape it into the book once I finish.

5. ReformedReidian

ReformedReidian Puritan Board Doctor

I used to keep a log on my blog, but goodreads is so much better. I sent you a friend request on goodreads.

6. ReformedReidian

ReformedReidian Puritan Board Doctor

This thread actually inspired me to make a book log, though I do use Good Reads.

January's Readings.

7. baron

baron Puritan Board Graduate

Jash, I gust found out about goodreads from a friend from church. Sent you a friend request.

8. SRoper

SRoper Puritan Board Senior

I just started using Goodreads. I never really tracked my reading before except to leave the scrap of paper I use for a bookmark in the end of the book.

9. Logan

Logan Puritan Board Junior

Oddly, I just started using goodreads as well. I'd previously kept track (in a spreadsheet) of the books I read during the year and the number of pages, just for progress records.

I'll continue doing that but this does seem like a nice way to share with friends what you're reading or what you thought of books.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.