Justifiable Muslim anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by fredtgreco

Keon,

This is exceedingly complex. You do realize that the "refugee camps" are the result of calculated decisions by the Arab dictatorships (yep, Egypt, Syria, and Jordan) as a way to avoid peace, don't you?
Yep they were calculated decisions, and I think they made that so as to not give Israel and the U.N a free pass by assimilating the Palestinians into their territories thereby allowing full appropriations of Palestine by the Jewish state. And the refugees willingly agreed to accepting refugee status seeing that their hope is to return to their homeland.

Considering the refusal of Arafat to sign the 1998 Clinton Peace Treaty, I think the issue of contention was the Right of Return of the Refugees. When I fully grasped this I realized that these refugees were living in Israel proper, and they are being refused to acquire the land that has been with them for generations, of which many of them are still alive in Syria, Jordan etc.

Keon,

We will have to agree to disagree here. I won't interact further on it for writing something I should not.

Blessings,

Originally posted by fredtgreco
Keon,

We will have to agree to disagree here. I won't interact further on it for writing something I should not.

Blessings,

:amen: to that, Fred. I will bow out as well.

Brothers sorry if I brought offense, that was not my attention. I merely wanted a rigorous debate on the issue.

Originally posted by Slippery
Brothers sorry if I brought offense, that was not my attention. I merely wanted a rigorous debate on the issue.

And I am not offended, Keon. I just know when I am over my head in the discussion, because I have not looked at the issues. There are too many places all over the world where such things have happened, the North American Indians being a prominent one that comes to mind, for me to think that the problem in the Middle East will have a quick or an easy solution.

God did give the land to the Israelites and they lost it then got it back then lost it again. Then man gave it back to the Israelites. But not all Israel is Israel. (That's how simple my history is.) Only God knows what the final result will be.

So forgive my simplicity in this matter. I can do no better at this point.

No worries. It is not Keon, but the subject and me.

Read From Beirut to Jerusalem by Thomas Freidman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back