Justice League: Animated Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Puritan Board Graduate
Any problems with letting kids watch the animated series Justice League? I have watched a couple with my boys and was not troubled. I understand that in Season 2 there is some discussion of atheism, gods, and the like. Evidently, there are one or more conversations between Hawkgirl (an atheist, at least initially) and Wonder Woman (a Greek pagan) about the nature of the afterlife. Obviously no Christian view was present in those discussions.

This is from Wikipedia:

Much of the Season Two Justice League episode "The Terror Beyond" deals with Hawkgirl's ancestry and her people's alleged atheism. Early on in the episode, Wonder Woman makes a refrence to the Greek goddess Hera asking for strength, and Shayera seems suprised and displeased by this. Later in the episode, the two women discuss religious faith, Shayera says that she doesn't understand how one could have it, and Diana saying that she does not understand how Shayera and her people could "bear the weight without it". Later on in the episode, a dying Solomon Grundy asks Shayera if she believes that his soul is "waiting for him". Shayera starts to say that she doesn't believe in souls, but stops, and then warmly tells Grundy that yes, she thinks so. Grundy dies peacefully, and Shayera gives him a burial, despite still not fully grasping the concept of a soul.

Scott

[Edited on 9-12-2006 by Scott]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back