Just Want to say Thank You for your help!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by 1689theologychick, Jan 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1689theologychick

1689theologychick Puritan Board Freshman

I'm new to this board and fairly new to Reformed Theology (about 5 years in). It all began with me questioning dispensationalism, which led me to covenant theology, and now I'm studying amillennialsim.

I just wanted to thank those of you on this board for your vast wealth of information, kindness, and graciousness to those who are learning. This is my first post here, but I have been reading the threads and soaking up the knowledge and book recommendations. I'm currently on Dean Davis's The High King of Heaven at the suggestion of @jerusalemblade (I think)

Anyway, thanks brothers and sisters! I'm indebted to you. Truly.

• Like Like x 11
    • Rejoicing Rejoicing x 4
    • Amen Amen x 1
    • List
  2. Jeri Tanner

Jeri Tanner Moderator Staff Member

Welcome! So glad you're here. As the mantra goes, please fix your signature so that we can know you better. :)

I was in your same shoes when I joined the PB, it is indeed a treasure.

3. 1689theologychick

Whoops! I meant to do that before I posted. Done!

• Like Like x 1
    • Rejoicing Rejoicing x 1
    • List
  4. KMK

KMK Administrator Staff Member

Welcome!

5. JTB.SDG

JTB.SDG Puritan Board Sophomore

We're all still learning Kim!! Great to have you. Eager to learn from and be blessed by you as well.

6. JennyGeddes

JennyGeddes Puritan Board Freshman

Greetings from Texas, Kim!

7. C. M. Sheffield

C. M. Sheffield Puritan Board Senior

Oh! Dear sister, thank you! What a blessing that our imperfect exchanges should yet be used of our Father in Heaven to illumine your mind to the truth of his eternal Word—the Truth as it is in Jesus. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us. It is truly encouraging.

8. 1689theologychick

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

9. hammondjones

hammondjones Puritan Board Sophomore

Howdy!

10. arapahoepark

arapahoepark Puritan Board Graduate

Welcome!

11. kainos01

kainos01 Puritan Board Senior

:welcome:

12. lynnie

lynnie Puritan Board Graduate

Welcome. I had a similar journey. I got saved in college in 1973 and they handed me a bible and a copy of Hal Lindsey's Late Great Planet Earth. The latter was essentially canon in my experience the first year.

In Oct of 1973 the Yom Kippur war started. I had a big botany lab notebook assignment due on a Friday but I didn't do it all week because all the Christian leadership at college told me we'd be raptured out before Friday, this was "it". I was up until at least 3 AM trying to patch something together the night before it was due.

When I finished college I started going to a church with a large singles group. I don't remember what exactly led to this but a guy in the group at one point privately gave me a long printed article he said he thought I might enjoy. It was my first introduction to amil theology. I don't recollect who wrote the article, but the guy was going to Westminster at the time.

I was just amazed at how much sense it made, and that was my start of interest in doctrine. I was slow to change in many essentials, but I was hooked in wanting to read theology and think. Three years later I ended up married to that guy. He went post mil a few years ago and I was like dude, I fell in love with you over amil, you can't go post mil. Lol, unity in marriage isn't always easy.

13. ZackF

ZackF Puritan Board Graduate

Didn’t you keep that article to give back to him? :banana:

14. 1689theologychick

Your whole story is awesome! Unity in marriage is a struggle, for sure, ha!!

15. Jeri Tanner

Giving notice I moved the thread to Introduce Yourself (having just noticed it was in the Revelation and Eschatology forum.)

16. 1689theologychick

Thank you Jeri! I wasn't aware there was an Introduce Yourself thread. Still learning :coffee:

17. Jeri Tanner

I know! There’s a learning curve to navigating around. Another mod help out here- @Stephen L Smith or another, can you provide links to tutorials?

I also figured your post ended up in eschatology due to your strong interest right now. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.