Just got an e-mail from Jay Green Sr. KJV3 literal translation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by LadyFlynt
I don't think anyone was meaning to down him...BUT, there is the constant "this is a better translation, this is more accurate, this is the most direct translation" and quite honestly, it gets old after awhile. He claims his will be most direct and others will claim theirs is. Also, the question remains, will it be understandable. I know that reading the Bible in German and directly translating into English, it reads a bit "childlike" to us. In some languages they don't use many of the words we pad our sentences with. I don't have a "blue yacht", instead "me blue boat". I know this is a very basic example...but if your mind can stretch it into the possibilities you might have an idea of the complication this could be for some. However, this doesn't mean it's a horrible idea either, for the right ppl. Also, I think someone made the point that he made a questionable claim.

BTW, Chet...could you please refrain from attempting expressions as was censored above. Just knowing what you were saying was not something I wanted in my mind as far as vocabulary goes. It's really not necessary.

[Edited on 9-8-2005 by LadyFlynt]
I have been reading this version without any problem with it being literal. So far but I havent read it through yet. Maybe I will run in to problems but I am going to give it a try. Sorry if I offended.

Originally posted by fredtgreco
Originally posted by nonconformist
Looks like his lifes work dont mean jack <b>[Censored]</b> on this board. I was hopeful I was actually waiting on a good translation since I dont read hebrew.

Chet,

It is the fact that his life's work does have value to me that this is so disturbing. It will likely mean that others will ignore his earlier good work.
What do you mean Fred? Are you talking about his dogmatic attitude turning people off?

[Edited on 9-8-2005 by nonconformist]

Originally posted by LawrenceU
Jonathan,
Truly, I wasn't trying to mock you.

I never thought you were. I know you better than that Sir.

Originally posted by LawrenceU
I assumed that you knew that Jehovah is a word that does not exist in the original languages.

Yes. I did - as I said, I phrased myself badly.

Originally posted by LawrenceUActually, using the caps 'LORD' is much closer to viewing the text as the Jews did.

Indeed.

JH

As far as his polemic is concerned, I am a newly recovering charismatic so that type of hardcore attitude excites me, but if it is bull maybe my inexperience has decieved me again:um: So you guys really know Jehova is not in the original hebrew? How do you guys view the accuracy compared to what you consider the most accurate? Readability is not my concern, I can struggle through it, only accuracy to the original?

I understand your point, I just got ticked because I have been waiting for months to receive a translation that I thought was more accurate to the original. I have been using the free e-sword version and yes it is a bit harder reading but I got so sick of other versions and there innacuracies that I decided to go literal. Maybe I will have to learn the original laguages for better accuracy. I have gotten my theology so messed up over 1 mistranslated word it drove me nuts.

Chet,
You can download Jays Literal Translation and his Modern KJV translation at E-Sword for free. After you download the initial set up go to Bible downloads and you will find them there.

[Edited on 9-8-2005 by puritancovenanter]

Originally posted by puritancovenanter
I understand your point, I just got ticked because I have been waiting for months to receive a translation that I thought was more accurate to the original. I have been using the free e-sword version and yes it is a bit harder reading but I got so sick of other versions and there innacuracies that I decided to go literal. Maybe I will have to learn the original laguages for better accuracy. I have gotten my theology so messed up over 1 mistranslated word it drove me nuts.

Chet,
You can download Jays Literal Translation and his Modern KJV translation at E-Sword for free. After you download the initial set up go to Bible downloads and you will find them there.

[Edited on 9-8-2005 by puritancovenanter]
Thanks brother, I have already got it, and I like it. I was just waiting for the new one to come out since they said he corrected some things!:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back