Joseph Caryl's Job Commentary available at Dust & Ashes

Discussion in 'Puritan Literature' started by gkterry, Jul 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gkterry

gkterry Puritan Board Freshman

For those who may be interested, it is still possible to find Joseph Caryl's fabulous Job commentary at this link. It states that "quantities are quite limited". I recently ordered a set from Dust & Ashes and am extremely happy with the books. (Dust & Ashes along with Reformation Heritage books are the publishers of these volumes). I have only just begun to read them but I already feel they are well worth the money. There is an extremely comprehensive scripture index in the back of volume 1 that essentially makes this a commentary on nearly the whole Bible due to Caryl's use of the "whole council of Scripture".

2. C. M. Sheffield

C. M. Sheffield Puritan Board Junior

I am confident it is an excellent commentary by a puritan divine. But I have to ask the question, do I really need a twelve volume commentary on the book of Job? At an expense of $325, I just couldn't justify the expense or the valuable real estate it would take up on my already crowded shelves.

One day, if I ever have money to burn, and a huge study with ceiling-to-floor built-in book cases, I'll give it second thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.