Jonathan Edwards said this was one of the best books on "hell" he'd ever read...

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
It's sad to me that certain volumes come in and out of print. We have them, then we don't have them anymore. One of the objectives with what Puritan Publications is working towards is to have something in print...forever. Technology today allows us to keep things in print, whether it is electronically (as an ePub) or print (print on demand (POD) is incredible for this.) Books that we put in print will be available at the Puritan Shop forever.

One of those volumes is from the works of Christopher Love. In a version of his works that I have from the 18th century, is his work on hell, among some others. It's called officially, "HELL’S TERROR, Or, A Treatise on the Torments of the Damned as a Preservative Against Security."

Jonathan Edwards had a copy of this treatise in which he said it was one of the best he'd ever read. I'd have to agree. Love's work on hell is extremely graphic and practically helpful. Love uses the text, “But rather fear Him which is able to destroy both body and soul in hell,” Matthew 10:28, as a foundation for all his queries and answers to this most dreadful subject.

In updating the language and editing it for easier reading, my wife thought this was among the best works she's read this year, and no doubt one of the best works on the doctrine of hell (along with William Strong's work on the same subject).

ePub Package at the Puritan Shop
A Treatise on Hell's Terror - by Christopher Love (1618-1651) | The Puritan Shop

Kindle Version
A Treatise on Hell's Terror: Christopher Love: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Print Version
A Treatise on Hell's Terror by Christopher Love (Hardcover)

HellsTerrorLovePS.jpg

Yes. Trying to get these puritan works out there as far as I can, to influence as many people as possible. All the books are always at the 3 locations - the Puritan Shop, Amazon and in Print, and Lulu sends them to the iStore and to the Nook store as well. (Covering all bases).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back