John Trapp quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Puritan Board Senior
I have been trying to track down a quote from John Trapp. "I read until I have read. I pray until I have prayed." I remember this as being part of a longer quote that continues in a similar vein. It was a few years ago and at the time I just noted the reading/praying segment. I have been trying to find this quote again in order to see the full quote and the context. If anyone is able to direct me to the full version it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Robert for having a look. As I was thinking today about it, I have a vague memory that I may have read it in one of Spurgeon's sermons. I am hoping it may even have been in his 'Treasury of David' in which case I can search through that. If it was in one of his sermons, then the words needle and haystack come to mind!

You'd brought up this quote before in 2009 and attributed it to John Bradford then. There could have been something like that in both but are you thinking it was Trapp now?

Other than that, I got nothing!

Logan, I am truly amazed that you tracked down that quote from all these years ago. Well done! I was using the quote back in 2009 in passing but had mis-attributed to John Bradford. I first came across the quote in late 80s/early 90s as I had it written down in the bible I was using at the time and had it attributed to John Trapp then. I came across it again during the early years of this century and was definitely from John Trapp. I thought it may have come from reading him but the more I think of it I seem to equate it with Spurgeon either in one of his sermons, of which I have several volumes and wouldn't know where to begin looking, or else from the Treasury of David in which case I should be able to find it. When I first heard it, it was the short version. When I read it, it was the long version and it was the latter I was trying to track down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back