John Gill on Psalmody

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently working on "Perth Assembly" by David Calderwood. This was the book that the Pilgrims printed while in Holland that got King James all riled up. His "Pastor and Prelate" and "Altar of Damascus" would be good to see back in print too.

I'm still thinking about doing Robert Bruce's sermons and Thomas Witherow's "The Form of the Christian Temple". Another project I'm working on is reprinting Sereno Dwight's "Life of President Edwards".

Greg,

While a collected Calderwood would be difficult to do, and maybe someone will some day, meantime pulling a few of the more famous works to publish would be great. C does seem to have been eclipsed by later or not much later writers like Gillespie. Another I would like to see in new face and with a good editor's touch would be Ames’ Fresh Suite against human ceremonies in God’s Worship (again, perhaps, eclipsed by Gillespie's work). I don’t think I’m up for any more 500 plus page projects; maybe you could do Ames.:D

I'm currently working on "Perth Assembly" by David Calderwood. This was the book that the Pilgrims printed while in Holland that got King James all riled up. His "Pastor and Prelate" and "Altar of Damascus" would be good to see back in print too.

I'm still thinking about doing Robert Bruce's sermons and Thomas Witherow's "The Form of the Christian Temple". Another project I'm working on is reprinting Sereno Dwight's "Life of President Edwards".

Greg,

While a collected Calderwood would be difficult to do, and maybe someone will some day, meantime pulling a few of the more famous works to publish would be great. C does seem to have been eclipsed by later or not much later writers like Gillespie. Another I would like to see in new face and with a good editor's touch would be Ames’ Fresh Suite against human ceremonies in God’s Worship (again, perhaps, eclipsed by Gillespie's work). I don’t think I’m up for any more 500 plus page projects; maybe you could do Ames.:D

I will keep Ames "Fresh Suite" and "Conscience" in mind Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back