James White on 1 John 5:7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by john_Mark
I'm sorry, but I have to chuckle at the assertion that Dr. White intentionally doesn't debate folks like Stauffer. Usually, the most qualified folks won't deabate him. Is this the chapter from Stauffer you are talking about? http://www.mccowenmills.com/Default.aspx?tabid=169 Amazon says that Stauffer cites White's book on 11 pages. My guess is that this chapter contains most of the citations.

I've been in White's channel for around 4 years or so now. I have never once heard the name Stauffer. If Dr. White is not serious about challenging folks to call in then it would be very simple for you to call in and prove how "not serious" he is. Even a Roman Catholic who engaged in ad hom against him called in and had a cordial discussion.

The number of times 'White' appears in the book is one thing. Stauffer is rather direct and harsh with White, and he backs it up. White is not a mere passing mention or subject in the book. Stauffer uses White as a foil in a much more than passing way. And it's not ad hominem, he hangs him with his own words.

Considering though the disingenuous way White dealt with a scholar like Theodore Letis I don't hold alot of faith that Stauffer will get anything resembling an honest and fair response. White pretty much has zero credibility on these issues at this point. He's great on the doctrines of grace, but as I said at the beginning of this thread: on the issues regarding the manuscripts and the KJV he has feet of clay.

With respect to Dr. White, this one is done............

Michael,
I believe you owe our brother an apology.

I've just come back to this thread, so regretfully I was not able to close it sooner.

This is done, and this kind of internet "tit for tat" and "your source is foolish" "no, your source is stupid" drivel will not be tolerated. From anyone.

Done. Do not repeat this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back