James White and Doug Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link. The replies to it are quite fun to read. Here is one statement that Wilson made that I am trying to figure his position on:

"It is nevertheless still my position that what happened at Trent deserved removal from the olive tree, that is, from the catholic church. But I am now convinced that such a removal has not yet occurred. God does not always give us what we deserve."

Well, were they removed or not? Who removed them? Since Trent anathematized the gospel, why didn't God remove them?

Maybe I am mis-reading Wilson.

However, I might encourage you all to get the debates at CMF, as their shipping rates are usually cheaper. That is just my experience comparing them and AOmin.

Actually I listened to it yesterday. It was an interesting debate. I really appreciated James Whites presentation of hebrews 8 and 10. Those chapters really deal with some many issues.

VanVos

[Edited on 21-11-2004 by VanVos]

This is a good debate, the thesis of it notwithstanding. Although i am a little more sympathetic to Wilson than most, James White is a POWERFUL debater. I am blown away! Also, I think Wilson has improved over the years since his Dan Barker debate.

Secondly,
I like AOMIN's way of downloading much better than Covenant Media. It is so much more convenient.

Anyone who has heard Wilson knows he is not a debater, or an orator. I'm interested in the content of the debate, but not sure if I want to hear this. White is obviously going to be persuasive in this format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back