It's happening again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marrow Man

Drunk with Powder
The avatar virus has apparently struck again. This time, though, it's not Batman flu; it's Mohler Mania!

The symptoms in this case are a sudden disorientation caused by a loose neck and wobbly head, accompanied by the desire to rid the world of liberal Baptists.

I think your case of Mohler mania is due to your approximation to the subject host.

Sadly, the warm, rich glow emanating from Mohler Ground Zero is somewhat negated by the horrible rumblings and shriekings that descend from the institution just down the street... :eek:

Even worse, this institution which is not to be named has the word "Presbyterian" in its name. :eek: :eek:

I think your case of Mohler mania is due to your approximation to the subject host.

Sadly, the warm, rich glow emanating from Mohler Ground Zero is somewhat negated by the horrible rumblings and shriekings that descend from the institution just down the street... :eek:

Even worse, this institution which is not to be named has the word "Presbyterian" in its name. :eek: :eek:

I know... but this not-to-be-named institution has a library full of excellent books that are almost NEVER checked out! ;) Oh, and the houses (mini-mansions, really) in the area around that place are amazing!

I know... but this not-to-be-named institution has a library full of excellent books that are almost NEVER checked out! ;) Oh, and the houses (mini-mansions, really) in the area around that place are amazing!

That sort of reminds me of a couple of friends of ours back east (they are also PCA, btw). They were going to be traveling in Virginia, and their pastor suggested they swing by Union Seminary and check out the Robert Dabney collection housed there. They sort of got lost on campus and stopped to ask some of the students. Most had not idea who they were talking about, and the few that did gave them suspicious looks...

The avatar virus has apparently struck again. This time, though, it's not Batman flu; it's Mohler Mania!

The symptoms in this case are a sudden disorientation caused by a loose neck and wobbly head, accompanied by the desire to rid the world of liberal Baptists.

What about the desire to convert all Baptists? ;)

Sure...convert them to SOUTHERN Baptists!

-----Added 5/18/2009 at 11:15:21 EST-----

That sort of reminds me of a couple of friends of ours back east (they are also PCA, btw). They were going to be traveling in Virginia, and their pastor suggested they swing by Union Seminary and check out the Robert Dabney collection housed there. They sort of got lost on campus and stopped to ask some of the students. Most had not idea who they were talking about, and the few that did gave them suspicious looks...

They didn't know where the library was? Now that's a problem!

Yes, I'm trying to covert them all to Presbyterianism. The Arminian ones, anyway. But I always have to explain, "I'm not that kind of Presbyterian." They are always kind and gracious and understand. Mainly because they dislike liberals too!

Can somebody with Photoshop help me out? I need someone to put a powdered wig and a Batman mask on the Dr. Mohler bobblehead doll. It will be the coolest avatar ever!

And since it's a Mohler bobblehead, we know that the loose neck and wobbly head were most emphatically NOT caused by any tasty beverages.

:think: Or were they?

And since it's a Mohler bobblehead, we know that the loose neck and wobbly head were most emphatically NOT caused by any tasty beverages.

:think: Or were they?

Shhhhhh......

OK, I'm stupid. What Presbyterian school is down the street??? I know that the PCUSA has its headquarters there. You gotta admit, there is a certain delicious irony in the fact that the Baptist school is much more Calvinist than the Presbyterian denomination.

OK, I'm stupid. What Presbyterian school is down the street??? I know that the PCUSA has its headquarters there. You gotta admit, there is a certain delicious irony in the fact that the Baptist school is much more Calvinist than the Presbyterian denomination.

Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary

:p:lol:

Yep, catwoman.. that's what I meant. I had just come from looking at Joshua's avatar and was thinking batman and....
blondmoment.gif

Oh, and it appears I've changed back into Bat-Cat!

The Mohler Mania virus has no known cure, but it can be transferred from one person to the next...

:think:

Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary

15 faith traditions
21% racial/ethnic student representation
45% men and 55% women
About 210 students, with average age being 37
80% of first degree students received financial aid through options such as tuition grants, scholarships, and field education stipends
Our Faculty

23 professors with credentials from some of the world's leading theological institutions and universities
48% of the faculty is female
65% of the faculty are members of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
United Methodist, Disciples of Christ, American Baptist, Reformed Church in America, and Lutheran (ELCA) faith traditions are represented.

Tell Ben. Maybe there is still time to skip that PRTS gig for his ThM. This looks right up his alley (after Pitsburgh, I mean).

Tell Ben. Maybe there is still time to skip that PRTS gig for his ThM. This looks right up his alley (after Pitsburgh, I mean).

Yes, and maybe I could interest Ben in membership during his stay! :cool:

I don't think though. After looking at LPTS' faculty page, this might be very tempting for Mr. Glaser:

Johanna W. H. van Wijk-Bos, professor of Old Testament, is the first professor installed to the newly established chair in Bible, named in honor of the Seminary’s first woman graduate, the Rev. Dora Emma Pierce (B.D. 1961).

The senior member of the faculty, Dr. Bos teaches Hebrew Bible, Hebrew language and electives in liberation theology. She has become widely known as a feminist biblical scholar and theologian with an emphasis on the participation of women in the Bible and the life of faith. She has taught in multi-racial and multi-cultural settings in Montpelier, France, with students from across the French-speaking world, and in Salvador, Brazil, with black and native Brazilian women. She conducts workshops and seminars in the wider church on a frequent basis. An ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), she engages herself with issues of justice for women and disadvantaged groups locally and in the global arena.

Dr. Bos writes regularly for both scholarly and popular publications. Some of her books include Making Wise the Simple - The Torah in Christian Faith and Practice (Eerdmans, 2005), Reformed and Feminist - A Challenge to the Church (Westminster John Knox 1991), Reimagining God—The Case for Scriptural Diversity (Westminster John Knox, 1995), and Called Out With: Stories of Solidarity in Support of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered Persons (Westminster John Knox, 1997).

Bos or Beeke ... sounds like a toss-up...

Maybe he could take a class on Hosea: the Only Hispanic Old Testament Prophet?

Hosea.jpg

[source: Calvinist Cartoons]

Last edited:
What are you, a racist? Hmm. Maybe it does bear some resemblance to the butcher of Baghdad.

Last edited:

Send some bobbleheads to Browns Mills >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PLEASE !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back