Its been a long time Coming, but the book on Common Grace an

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
The book is finally done. "The Two Wills of God" has been a work in process for a few [i:294590f8ea]years[/i:294590f8ea] now, and I finally sat down and updated it completely. I'm done editing it.

Does God Really Have Two wills?

This is a 350 Page Digital Book covering the concepts surrounding God's Will and whether or not the Bible demonstrates that He has Two Wills or One Will. How does this work for or against Hyper-Calvinism? Does He love the non-elect? Is He good to all men? Is common grace really grace? What did Calvin, Augustine, Edwards, Owen and others say about this?

Check it out here:
http://www.apuritansmind.com/TwoWillsBookCD.htm

From what I briefly read on the site, it looks really good. When I decide to fully read it through, it'll probably take me awhile, though, due to my reading speed :thumbdown:. I especially read theology slowly, since I to to absorb and really think about every paragraph. (And when I'm not interested in what I'm reading, it can't keep my attention...:lol:) At any rate, I look forward to whenever I do get around to reading it through. Good job on completing it, Matt!

God bless,

Chris

I thought about that SS, but in our Chrisitan walk we want to grow. I don't want to use something I already "grew through" so to speak. I want to venture into something else.

hey at least I know your puttin the money to good use either helping the site or the pastors down in peru if only I had a heart for the gospel like them.

blade

Its an amazing thing - they love the Gospel and love the doctrines of grace. We need to give them more though. They are starving to know more about the Bible, and more about Reformed Doctrine.

Proceedes go to help them and prepare for the upcoming trip in July/August

Webmaster,

I look forward to reading it. As you know from our past dialogs, this is a subject that I have struggled with.

JWJ

I recall. Many have asked for it, so I finally sat down and finished editing it for the 10th time. Hope it is an enjoyment to you. It was a huge task to write, and some of the sources took a while to read through and ponder. Overall I think it was a sucess in its intention - hermeneutics is the answer.

Matt,

First of all, supposing that you did choose to submit this as your Ph.D. dissertation, when would that mean that you would finish and have your degree?

Second, I'm not going to be able to get the CD for a while, but I do plan on it. In the meantime though, can you briefly explain what you mean when you talk about "common grace" in your book? I have found that this is a term that is very easily misunderstood in theological discussions because different individuals often use and define this term in different ways. I'm just kinda curious as to what you mean by the term, or if you have a working definition of "common grace" that you offered in the book.

[quote:7c75e25d97][i:7c75e25d97]Originally posted by luvroftheWord[/i:7c75e25d97]
Matt,

First of all, supposing that you did choose to submit this as your Ph.D. dissertation, when would that mean that you would finish and have your degree?

Second, I'm not going to be able to get the CD for a while, but I do plan on it. In the meantime though, can you briefly explain what you mean when you talk about "common grace" in your book? I have found that this is a term that is very easily misunderstood in theological discussions because different individuals often use and define this term in different ways. I'm just kinda curious as to what you mean by the term, or if you have a working definition of "common grace" that you offered in the book. [/quote:7c75e25d97]
I second this inquiry. :)

PS - You can use snail mail. Address is on the page.

Let me summarize my term - "I don't think "common grace" is a good term to use. I spend a few chapter dealing with how we should be thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back