Israel My Glory (Magazine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANT

Puritan Board Junior
What happened to the forum dealing with dispensationalism? I do not see it anymore.

Anyways, I just wanted to give the heads up that one of the major ministries ... 'The Friends of Israel Gospel Ministry' ... in there January/February 2005 issue of Israel My Glory has put in 2 articles trying to persuade people of ...

Article #1

Covenant Theology: What's In It For Israel

Renald Showers on what's wrong with Covenant Theology

(Most "mainline" denominations suscribe to Covenant Theology: They believe they are the "new" Israel. But on close inspection, the Bible diagrees.)

and ...

Article #2

A.D. 70: Preterism's Prophetic Dead End

Randall Price Exposes Preterism

(Christ returned in A.D. 70, the Jewish peoplehave no future, and almost all prophecy has been fulfilled. You don't believe that? The you're not a Preterist.)

He talks and quotes from Gentry, Chilton, DeMar, & Sproul.

So, ... Be ready for alot of pre-trib Dispensationalists (after reading the articles) to be on the move even stronger against the reformed faith.

Here's a link to Friends of Israel, if anyone is interested in a FREE 1 year subscription to Israel My Glory so they can keep up with the latest articles trying to prove the reformed faith wrong.

http://www.christianity.com/CC_Content_Page/0,,PTID306608|CHID556140|CIID,00.html

My church carries a whole stack of these to hand out to the congregation. It kind-of makes me sick to my stomach.

[Edited on 2-9-2005 by ANT]

Sorry ... I just realized maybe I should have posted this in the Library as it is dealing with published articles.

Originally posted by blhowes
Originally posted by ANT
What happened to the forum dealing with dispensationalism?
Its a subforum under covenant theology.

Thanks, I looked for it for about 10 minutes. I never would have guessed to look under Covenant Theology.

My Dispie mom subscribes to this lovely item, and gets David Hocking's newsletters all the time. She's always asking me why I'm not into all that. Don't want to go there.:tombstone:

Originally posted by turmeric
My Dispie mom subscribes to this lovely item, and gets David Hocking's newsletters all the time. She's always asking me why I'm not into all that. Don't want to go there.:tombstone:

Is he still around? I thought he got defrocked for having an affair with a woman in his congregation.

It's hard to be de-frocked in a congregational anabaptist setting - you just move on. I'm also not clear on whether he actually HAD the affair or if it was an unsubstantiated story. Does anyone know? Inquiring minds want to know!

Originally posted by turmeric
It's hard to be de-frocked in a congregational anabaptist setting - you just move on. I'm also not clear on whether he actually HAD the affair or if it was an unsubstantiated story. Does anyone know? Inquiring minds want to know!

My memory doesn't always serve me well, but I thought he confessed to the affair. I also recall his church (Calvary Chapel) forced him out and he went to work with Chuck Smith at another CC congregation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back