Isaiah 58 and Recreation on the Sabbath

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say, pleasure is neutral and whether your pleasure is good or bad depends on the object. So I would say doing something for your pleasure with no regard for God is never right. Taking delight in God is always right.'Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart' Your pleasure and honoring God are not mutually exclusive

Psalm 65:8 so that those who dwell at the ends of the earth are in awe at your signs. You make the going out of the morning and the evening to shout for joy.
That would be true every day

I would agree with focusing on necessary and mercy and spiritual things but probably end up with a different list of how that works out, leaving it to the conscience of the individual to a large degree. I also would see all of life as worship.

I would agree with focusing on necessary and mercy and spiritual things but probably end up with a different list of how that works out, leaving it to the conscience of the individual to a large degree. I also would see all of life as worship.

We've tried to address this point of view elsewhere. Of course all of life we ought to worship God. We ought to pray without ceasing too.

But there is a commandment: "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy."

That ought to mean something to Confessional Christians. At a minimum we know to set it apart. We do things differently on the Lord's Day for a reason.

And we know that what we ought to do on the Lord's Day is not controlled by our own subjective whims. Otherwise, why is there a commandment? God did not say, "treat the Sabbath however you want, and let your conscience be your guide."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back