Is Theistic Evolution heresy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this show instantaneous creation of Adam? The non-instantaneous view could simply say "dust" was the starting product, although there was some process intervening that is not mentioned; hence, Adam could rightly be called "dust."

There are many roads we could take to demonstrate the contrariety. I will simply go with the literal road. The text literally reads, "Dust thou." It is not what he was; it is what he is. Evolution requires mutation. Were an evolutionist to say that man had been dust (although the hypothesis never lays claim to this idea), the mutation to an higher form would make it inappropriate to still describe him in this way. I might add, that the death process, in which man returns to dust, is by means of corruption, not devolution, which is demonstrative of itself. In contrast, evolution makes the death process integral to the development.

How does this show instantaneous creation of Adam? The non-instantaneous view could simply say "dust" was the starting product, although there was some process intervening that is not mentioned; hence, Adam could rightly be called "dust."
Jesus held to Adam being a direct creation of God though.

There are many roads we could take to demonstrate the contrariety. I will simply go with the literal road. The text literally reads, "Dust thou." It is not what he was; it is what he is. Evolution requires mutation. Were an evolutionist to say that man had been dust (although the hypothesis never lays claim to this idea), the mutation to an higher form would make it inappropriate to still describe him in this way. I might add, that the death process, in which man returns to dust, is by means of corruption, not devolution, which is demonstrative of itself. In contrast, evolution makes the death process integral to the development.
evolution would not see Man as being a divine creation, as that process would have taken many generations, but the big problem for them is that there is no known way to have primate DNA mutated to a human DNA without God doing that, and that is why there had to be the special creation by God.

I believe in God's whole word, including the miraculous creation of man. (So while forming Adam, did God just chill 100,000 yrs in suspended animation, let nature take it's course, then take control again and breathe life into him? lol) When it comes to genetics, civilization (like those ruins in SE Turkey dated 18,000 yrs old), astronomy, etc. I accept what the officials call fact as their strong opinion, and I just go along with it like that. I've lived many thousands of days without understanding the finer details of gravity and carbon dating. (Don't jump off tall things, don't eat old food. You know.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back