Is the Puritan Board blocked in any countries?

Discussion in 'General discussions' started by Tom Hart, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Hart

Tom Hart Puritan Board Junior

I've wondered whether the Puritan Board, for reasons of its content, is blocked anywhere in the world. Would anyone happen to know?

2. Leslie

Leslie Puritan Board Junior

Not blocked in Ethiopia.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Pergamum

Pergamum Ordinary Guy (TM)

Not in Indonesia, Malaysia, or Thailand.

4. ZackF

ZackF Puritan Board Graduate

What about California, Massachusetts?

Soviet Union Joshua?

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  5. kainos01

kainos01 Puritan Board Senior

I've accessed the site from dozens of nations, including some which have histories of censorship

6. Tom Hart

I'm wondering how safely I can recommend the site to friends in a biggish country that starts with C.

7. Rutherglen1794

Rutherglen1794 Puritan Board Sophomore

Dont worry, it works here in Canada.

8. Jo_Was

Jo_Was Puritan Board Freshman

There are several websites available where you can plug in a domain name and see if it is accessible in mainland C. And from what I can tell, it looks like the PB is. I don't know that it's content that will be flagged easily. But it can at least be accessed, especially in the main hubs.

9. Semper Fidelis

Semper Fidelis 2 Timothy 2:24-25 Staff Member

PB-Geo-Data.png
    According to Google Analytics, here is the geo-location of those who have accessed the PB in the last year.

10. Edward

Edward Puritan Board Doctor

But can it be accessed safely there?

Just because it can be done doesn't mean that it isn't being monitored and filed away for future persecution.

As Chairman Mao said, "Letting a hundred flowers blossom and a hundred schools of thought contend...."

11. KMK

KMK Administrator Staff Member

So, we are blocked in Iceland?

12. Tom Hart

You seem to be getting confused with the Svalbard Archipelago.

13. KMK

KMK Administrator Staff Member

Gotcha.

14. Jack K

Jack K Puritan Board Professor

That's an interesting map. It looks like Western Sahara and the CAR come up as a zero, too, along with North Korea. Svalbard and Western Sahara can be explained by their small populations, and the CAR by what I would expect is poor internet penetration in a French-speaking, war-torn part of Africa. North Korea is a different story.

15. C. M. Sheffield

C. M. Sheffield Puritan Board Junior

Okay folks, listen up! We are looking for volunteers to travel to Western Sahara, the Central African Republic, Svalbard, and North Korea (respectively) to access the Puritan Board and fill on those white blotches. If you successfully complete this mission, you'll be granted the privilege of a free lifetime membership to the Puritan Board (provided you don't resign or get kicked off) and the ability to choose whatever avatar you want for your profile (void where prohibited, terms and conditions may apply). Any takers?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. ZackF

ZackF Puritan Board Graduate

Also sail all over the world as it looks like the PB isn’t being accessed on the high seas. Pirates?

17. Pergamum

Pergamum Ordinary Guy (TM)

You gotta pump those numbers up, those are rookie numbers!

18. Andrew35

Andrew35 Puritan Board Freshman

Wasn't blocked in China up to a few months ago. I finished my contract and am out now, so no worries about saying so. Of course I usually used a VPN anyway...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.